Sunday 17 December 2023

Sik Thong Ba @ Damansara Utama

A new restaurant opened recently at Damansara Utama/Uptown. Then on Saturday they held their grand opening with a whole lot of dong dong chiang.


I spotted the din from across the road and decided to berkepoh-kepoh and see what Sik Thong Ba is all about.


Before they opened their doors, I suspected that this was another one of those bubble tea places. This spot used to be occupied by that horrible Taiwanese fried chicken place.


There were the usual congratulatory bouquets lined up outside.


Indeed the opening was grand but on a small scale.


When I checked the menu, I was pleasantly surprised that this is actually a dessert place and not bubble tea as I had (incorrectly) suspected.


Let me try to enlarge the menu.


The Ice Series.


Taufufah.


Thong Sui.


Sago Series.


More Thong Sui.


And Croffle Toast.

The Ice Series and Taufufah is something like what you can get at Soybean Factory. A sampling is in order, don't you think? We'll see.

(Update : I did give it a try. See what I had)

14 comments:

  1. That's nice, a dessert place! I'd love to go and have something, kurang manis. I did not enjoy that before but now I am getting quite used to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went there recently and am happy to report that their desserts are kurang manis.

      Delete
  2. I don't mind trying out some desserts here but there are so many of these dessert eateries around nowadays. Need to find one that tastes good and also is good value for money. Thank you for all the photos especially of the menu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many around in my area and I have yet to visit all of them. Must do it slowly LOL!

      Delete
  3. another dessert place to go! hehe....but not for me...too far from my place. Hopefully they open a branch at my taman.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over at Uptown there are a few dessert places that I have yet to explore.

      Delete
  4. I love this new trends of dessert shops sprouting everywhere. Good place to relax and eat something sweet. The durian sago and longan osmanthus would be my choice to try. I hope they survive well as the rental there is so high.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, hope that they do well. So far response seems a bit quiet but hope they pick up.

      Delete
  5. I want to try everything on the menu, they look very enticing to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... must do that in many visits!

      Delete
  6. I prefer tong sui than bubble tea. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I don't like bubble tea at all.

      Delete
  7. This is the type of place I would love to visit now and then.... all seems to be my favourite!

    ReplyDelete