Sunday 31 December 2023

Mr Wu, Damansara Utama

The first time I visited Mr Wu was back in 2021. At the time, the restaurant was located along the same row as Telekom but they have since relocated.

They are now located along the same row as Hong Leong Bank.


Their neighbor is Bubble Gum Wax.


Their decor is much improved as it looks a little bit classier than the old place.


I meant to visit this new place earlier on but somehow I did not, until now. 


The menu seems to have been revamped too. After looking through the menu, I chose the Taiwan Braised Pork Chop Bento. I also decided to add RM3.00 to upgrade to braised pork belly rice in place of braised minced pork.

For drinks, I had the Lemon Green Tea.


Whoa! The mug was huge!


I must say that this Lemon Green Tea was very refreshing. 


When my meal was served I was disappointed with my upgrade.


I was expecting to see small chunks for diced (fatty) pork belly but instead I got pieces of lean meat. It was too lean and dry. There were a few thin slices of Taiwanese sausages and half a braised egg. And one miserable slice of beancurd.


There were three sides of "kimchi" (not the Korean kind), slices of fish paste roll and a Crispy Golden Pumpkin Ball.


And this is the pork chop which was very thin and tender.


There was also a small serving of chili bean dip. I do wish that they were more generous with the serving portion of this dip which I loved.


The Crispy Golden Pumpkin Ball was chewy and hollow inside. It was very nice, something like those sweet potato balls.


That was a very filling meal although I cannot say that it was anything outstanding.


Yes, this is not cheap and is covered by my small windfall gain. There won't be anymore such extravagances for sure. But I do have a few Ringgit left to cover at least one more dine out meal.


A few doors away from Mr Wu, I spotted this newly opened YL'S Gelataria.


Hmmm...I may have some money for the Triple Cup.


They also serve other things besides ice cream.


Meanwhile back at the food court @ The Starling, I noted that Li Wei has folded up. I was not surprised.


They did very well when they started and after that the operations were left to the foreign workers. That's when things went south. Quality of the food dropped and I stopped visiting and so did the other customers.

I see this very often. The same fate befell Seoul Station and Jia Bao Bak Kut Teh


Their neighbor, Hotpot1 however continues to do well. I reckon that's because the  see thau phor (lady boss) is there all the time. They don't let their business go on autopilot. Very wise.


This place has yet to open, so I guess we will have to wait until 2024.

10 comments:

  1. I like sweet potato balls.

    Business hasn't been good, some can't cope and close down.

    Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eversince Mr Wu left Sri Petaling, I haven't eaten it again. Lean meat is for me! Yay! 😊
    Triple Cup is something I can only eat if I just close my eyes and swipe the card. Lol! MYR 19 ! Wow! But I have binged on one tub of ice cream at MYR 20 nett per tub in one sitting before so it is doable if I just ignore the price. Hahaha.

    Happy New Year πŸŽŠπŸ•›πŸŽˆπŸ₯³πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰ to you! Are you celebrating the countdown with Girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I decided against the ice cream and ate something else.

      Happy New Year to you too. No countdown for me as I slept early. LOL!

      Delete
  3. The last time i dined in Mr. Wu was a few years ago (before MCO). The portion was generous back then. I guess shrinkflation hit hard on us these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't that exciting, so I don't think I will eat there again.

      Delete
  4. Didn't try that lovely bitter gourd drink? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just accidentally found Mr. Wu near Sam's tuition class on last Saturday and it's on first floor of the shoplot.

    ReplyDelete