Saturday 23 December 2023

Ketovore @ Ara Vietnamese Noodles, Damansara Jaya

I am weaning myself off carbohydrates after going off the rails and falling off the carnivore horse with a loud BUMP!

But this time around I noticed something different. I have been eating  one carb meal and one non-carb meal (carnivore) for the past dunno-how-many-days (more like months) BUT I did not put on any weight (as in fat) and neither did I experience (severe) anxiety, depression or irritability.

I think it is because I am now more physically active (thanks to my almost daily walks to and from Damansara Jaya in addition to lifting heavy weights) and I no longer consume processed food and snacks. My carb meals consist of rice or noodles with vegetables and meat. I try not to eat carb-centric meals like fried rice or fried noodles.

Also I do not overeat (binge eating) like I used to. I lost some weight during Covid (not much just 2kg) and have since regained and come back to my ideal weight. My body fat percentage has also come down while maintaining muscle mass. These days I don't care how much I weigh. I am only interested in body composition.

So. I am going back to eating more meat-centric meals (sure I will eat carbs from time to time) and what better way to start than with Vietnamese pho without noodles.

It is wonderful that some places give you the option to chose no-noodles.


I ordered the beef noodle (sans noodles) with added beef brisket, tendon and radish. I love the radish which is cooked till very tender.


The added ingredients are served separately which is good because you can be sure that you got the extras that you paid for.


The broth tasted even better than the first time. They also gave me extra beansprouts (without me asking). 


I enjoyed the melt-in-your-mouth radish. So good! 


The beef brisket was cooked till tender and did not have any gamey taste.


I loved the tendon too. The chili dip was also very nice.


That was a very satisfying ketovore (keto-carnivore) lunch. I enjoyed sipping the broth but there was too much for me to finish. Burp! 


Then I walked back to Damansara Utama and went into this shop to pick up my pants (sent last week for some repair). I like the blue pair of shoes. It is glittery with two lace butterflies sewn on top. No, I didn't check the price.


This little kitty was right outside the door so of course I had to say hello.


The little fella was very friendly and allowed me to pet its head.


Then I headed to The Starling and noted that where this STEM place vacated, a new establishment is coming up.


It might be an eatery judging from the photos on the board.


I hope it is a nice (affordable) cafe.


Which can benefit from the customers who frequent the food court.


Then I made my way to Jaya Grocer to pick up some stuff.


Alamak. This thing sudah come out hah..hah..hah... If you want recipe you can go herehere and here kih...kih...kih...

7 comments:

  1. I have not gone for the pho here yet like I said I would the other day. Problems at home, serious - I shall stop blogging in a few days time but I would still be active via Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh dear. Sorry to hear that. Hope all will be well, will catch up with you on FB.

      Delete
  2. Ah ah ah ah, now u have tempted me to try this eatery as I love to eat beef tendons. Hahaha I am such a copy cat to wanna eat what you ate. 😂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am the same, wanna eat what other people eat LOL!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad that you're adapting well with your current ketovore diet.
    I've seen Nga Gu a couple of weeks in supermarkets and my sis asked me if I'm going to make Nga Gu chips this year, haha! Let's see~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better don't make nga gu chips, very tempting and very addictive. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Something new is coming....probably a pastry shop judging from the pics of various sweet things....+ the pic looks super familiar! :O I used the same pic in one of my posts before...lol.

    ReplyDelete