Tuesday 8 October 2024

Noodles No Noodles

Well, time to reset and rewind. I had been happily eating "normal" food for the past (consecutive) 3 weeks and now I am back to low/no carbs.

I still have some carb posts not yet published, so you will still see (more) interesting food in my coming posts. This one is my recent low carb eating out.


I love it when there are options on the menu that are either without noodles or one that you are given a choice to select no noodles. 


At my current favorite ramen place, you can switch to cabbage if you do not want noodles. 


This was the Tonkotsu Ramen.


Shredded cabbage instead of ramen.


Fatty pork belly strip.


Not enough protein for sure but it was enjoyable.


On a subsequent visit, I had the Miso Tonkotsu Ramen and there was a lot more cabbage in the bowl. I was so stuffed!


Now at Pho Real, I go for the regular Hanoi Pho (RM17.90) instead of the Special (RM24.90). That way I avoid the beef balls which are basically flour balls. But then I miss out on tendon.


So I just add on another RM4.00 (which makes my meal RM21.90). Tendon is expensive as I found out when I bought tendon to cook beef soup. Is it worth it to cook pho at home?

Well, if you a feeding a few people, maybe. But for one person, I rather pay someone else to cook for me. It's too much trouble and could end up pricier that eating out.

Same with tonkotsu broth I guess. Pork bones are expensive and it's a lot of work having to boil and rinse the bones and then simmer them for hours. And all the washing up. Bah!


The pho here is still as good as ever. Although sometimes the broth is a bit diluted.


I love the meaty beefy goodness! And I don't feel thirsty after enjoying the broth.

5 comments:

  1. I totally agree with you to eat out instead of cook items like beef tendons for one person. I like that there is an option to replace noodles with shredded cabbage for ramen. Very good 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. my first time seeing ramen without the ramen noodles...but it is a great option for those with low carb diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun twist on noodles! I love how you’ve creatively incorporated different ingredients. As a member of the chuys coupon I’m excited to find deals on various pasta alternatives to try out your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a delightful take on noodles! I love how versatile they can be, and your tips are so helpful. Thanks for sharing your delicious insights! speedy cash promotional code

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found that my tummy will be very bloated if I continuously have carb for days. ~>_<~ But the satisfying of eating carb is irreplaceable. LOL

    ReplyDelete