Monday 7 October 2024

A Coffee, A Sandwich and A Cake

Am I still a carnivore? Hah..hah..hah.... You would be forgiven for thinking that I have abandoned my meat-based way of eating and embracing carbs again. 

I am still largely meat-based with carbs thrown in as and when I feel like it. I still want to enjoy some rice or cake or bread when I want to although I understand that I cannot do this everyday.


So one afternoon (this happened in August), I took a walk to Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe for lunch. The coffee here is pretty good and I enjoyed the latte.


I'm sorry I can't remember the name of this sandwich. What I recall is that the filling is a kombucha pulled beef. I was a bit apprehensive about the kombucha beef but decided to take a risk.


It was surprisingly very tasty. I loved it! There was a tomato sauce-like condiment served on the side and it tasted very nice, unlike commercial tomato sauce.

My only complaint was the Balsamic dressing used to dress the side salad. It was very, very sweet to the point it made my eyes pop!

I must remember this so that if I order anything which has salad on the side, I will request for no dressing. Suffice to say, I could not eat the salad on account of the terribly sweet dressing.


And then my eyes were very naughty and I could not help noticing the cake display right in front of my eyes. So I got me a slice of Carrot Cake.


I loved this Carrot Cake and the good thing is that it was just mildly sweet, even the frosting. 


Well, suffice to say, Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe has been added to my list of places to eat when I feel like having (naughty) carbs.

No comments:

Post a Comment