Wednesday 23 October 2024

Working Is Good


I was reading The Star online when I came upon this news article.

See that? That would be me, I will be part of the statistics. I used to dream about retiring and spending time with my cats, gardening and maybe go on a cruise etc etc etc. 

But. Life happens. Events beyond my control happened and plans have to be shelved.

However, I have come to the realization that for as long as I am mentally and physically capable, working beyond retirement will be good for me.

Keeping my brain alive and ticking and continuing to learn new things will enrich my life. I also endeavor to stay positive and keep getting a good dose of Vitamin G (gratitude).

Contrast that to staying at home (with nothing much to do) and becoming a cesspool of negativity, ruminating over past events (which is already water under the bridge) and not counting one's blessings.


Some weeks ago I had to pass by The Starling to go for lunch.


There was a travel fair held at the concourse.


See that? So many people visiting the fair and sitting down to a discussion of their travel plans.


So many people have so much money and time to go for a cruise or what not. Me?


Counting my blessings, at least I have money to eat roast duck wahahahaha!!!


After lunch I went for a walk. The space vacated by Near To is now occupied by a dessert place, Snowforte. This row of shops is quite honestly not viable for restaurants or cafes. But, we'll see.


I passed by a hardware shop and guess who I ran into?


This cute little pooch. It was so sweet and friendly, a very well trained doggie because it stayed in the shop and did not cross the threshold. After a few head rubs I had to go.


TK Bakery was in the Halloween mood.


I don't do this Halloween thing lah. I am very pantang. Don't play play with this hantu stuff.

2 comments:

  1. Good morning! Yes, that would be me also. Work until I cannot work. I see many aunties and uncles who retire are too free and nothing to do but to kaypoh into other people's lives and spend their time gossiping which is so meaningless and negative. I gained satisfaction from my work even though honestly sometimes it gets tired, at least I earn an honest living. Tired, also means at night you can fall asleep better and you can sleep well. Yah, talking about this halloween thingy, there was once I read in the news that in Korea, due to Halloween's celebration there was a stampede and many were injured and many died. So this reminds us that fun can sometimes turn out into sorrow, suffering and regret so one must be careful.

    High five! PH! Gratitude and counting your blessings are really positive and that is what I do everyday to reflect. I will count what I should be thankful for, for that day and that makes me happy. Every morning savouring a cup of aromatic coffee in my master bedroom with priceless greenery scenery and melodies of birds chirping, birds flying in the woods in front of me. Isn't that heaven on earth? But there are many people who don't know how to appreciate that and all they know are to fight over money. Hiaz.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiyo that cute little pooch. So cute right? Look at his/her face. Muacks!

    ReplyDelete