Monday 8 April 2024

Another Meat Fueled Saturday

After our memorable lunch at Meat Feds the week before, my brother and I were dreaming about the Caveman Pork wahahahaha!!!! 


When a craving hits, it is best to appease it lest it will not let you rest in peace. Betul tak?


So we found ourselves at Meat Feds again last Saturday at noon.


When mum and I were seated, I was wondering what was this dumbbell doing on the table. Then I realized it was actually a table lamp.


As usual, coffee is our drink of choice although we were surrounded by bottles upon bottles of wine.


This was what we ordered, the Pork Till You Drop.
This set is meant for 3-4 pax and we were confident that the 3 of us could handle this. In fact we can eat for 5.


The dishes in this set were served individually, one at a time. It began with the Ham Heong Pork. It was nicely charred with yummy umami notes. Very moreish this and would have paired really well with a hot bowl of rice. Hah!


Then came the carbs in the form of two servings of fries. These may look very ordinary but we loved it for the very crispy exterior and fluffy insides.

I ate one and was not compelled to stuff my face with it. I used to be addicted to these. I mean, who isn't addicted to fries? Then I had 3 more fries just for the heck of it.


Next was the Ham Sap Siew Yoke which we loved from our previous visit.

It was just as good as the first time, moist with very crispy skin and perfectly balanced seasoning. Of course the sauce made it even more amazing.


Then came this gorgeous Backyard BBQ RibsSee that pretty pink (edible) flower? That little bit of green I think is pea shoots.

The meat was tender, moist and well seasoned and we loved the BBQ sauce. It was sweet, salty and savory. I would happily eat two portions of this. 


Last item from this set was the Caveman Pork, the very dish that my brother and I were dreaming of. And we were going to fulfil our dreams!


Like I mentioned before, there is minimal garnishing which is the way I like it.  Again, we enjoyed this as much as we did the first time. The meat was fatty and moist though certain parts were leaner.


The creamy Truffle Sauce complemented the (already tasty) meat. Though I must say that I preferred the meat as is since the natural taste was already phenomenal.


This time I was given the honor of gnawing on the bone hah..hah..hah...

That's not all we had. One more.
I had to try the Chargrilled Kainomi Black Angus Steak since I love steaks. This was actually served before the Caveman Pork.


Done medium rare it was served with a sauce and smoked salt. There were also other condiments on the plate (sorry I don't know what they were but they were tasty) and marinated cherry tomatoes.


The steak was well charred while retaining the tenderness and juiciness of the steak. I enjoyed this a lot.


Look at that. I can easily eat the whole platter (if I wasn't having anything else).

Needless to say, we polished everything off.


See, even the sauce boat was almost clean.


Flower and all also gone hah..hah..hah...


As we were leaving, I noted that there were three other tables occupied.


At the payment counter, I saw this cute little pig perched on the top corner of the credit card machine. Chef Shelly Saw very sweetly indulged me when I asked for permission to take a snap of the piggie.


I also saw these colorful posters when I visited the loo.

Many thanks to my brother for the meaty treat! 
While mum and I were outside waiting for my brother to get the car, Chef Yenni Law caught up with us. It was very nice of her to come outside to say hello. Her warmth and personal touch really made our day!


We will be back for sure. There are two upcoming birthdays to celebrate - mum's and mine. Woohoo!

6 comments:

  1. Yes,yes, I fully agree that when cravings hit, just eat whatever food that you are craving. Very delicious meaty meal! Yum yum! Did your mother eat salad this time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very naughty and did not order salad for her hah...hah....

      Delete
  2. That's a lot of meat for sure and you guys can really eat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mommy have to endure all the meat with no greens....lol. Today, the pork chop looks more charred (the other meats were well charred too). I can clearly see you all had "pork till you drop"...and then added another half kilo of beef! O_o A meal that's enough for 5-6 (normal) persons...lol. P/S: Of course the chef must come out to say hello to her regular customer (who supported her two weeks in a row!) as a meal here is not cheap....and hoping for more repeat visits (which I'm sure there will be). ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very naughty for not ordering salad but I will do so next time LOL! As you already know, we can eat! And that includes mum whose appetite had not slowed down.

      Good PR helps and we customers like to feel welcomed and appreciated, eh? Yes, this place is very tough on the pocket, so it will be reserved for special occasions or the occasional whim.

      Delete