Tuesday 23 April 2024

Another Delicious Meal

Last Saturday at Kar Hiong, Subang Jaya, we ordered two new dishes.

After we placed our orders, I requested to hold on to the menu (to further study it and snap pics). The server good humoredly told me that I could even keep the menu hah..hah...

So here is the menu if anyone is curious. I will use it for future reference.









As you can see, there are many varieties of dishes. 

Our first order was the Vinegar Pork Leg (L). 


Woohoo! We are fans of pork trotters cooked in black vinegar. I made the right decision to order the large portion because I know small would not be enough. 


It was good, the gravy was thick and rich but a tad too sweet for me. What I enjoyed was the well braised wobbly bits. This dish was a hit and I could see that mum enjoyed it a lot.


Kangkung Belacan (L) is a firm favorite of all of us. This is a very appetizing dish. In fact this alone with rice can be so satisfying.


We are no strangers to Yam Basket (S) and this was my brother's choice. 


You can see how crispy and perfectly fried the Yam Basket was and the diced chicken filling was delicious. Yes, yam is a carbohydrate but I did partake in small portions. I believe this Yam  Basket will make its appearance again.


Lastly our default order of Honey Pepper Abalone Mushroom (L) which was especially good because the mushrooms were fried extra brown with extra coating of sauce. Nyums


We were all really stuffed to our ears that day. Maybe due to the extra carbs/sugars, I felt sleepy and lethargic. In fact I was overcome with an unquenchable thirst when I got back to the office.


Hence I indulged in a serving of Kopi C Ais Kosong from Yitcha Kaw Kaw Kopitiam. Their Kopi C is the best in the neighborhood perhaps rivalled only by the one at Restoran Wan Shoon, Damansara Kim.

Unfortunately I came down with a tummy ache which I believe was due to the milk in the Kopi C (since mum and brother did not suffer from tummy upset).

Do you all still want kitten updates? Or can I stop posting about them?

Anyway here is an update.

***Kitten Updates***


This is their gathering at my front door.


Hmmm...where is Poodie?


I noticed Girl giving Ah Boi a few licks.


TuTu as usual loves to pose.


Makan time!

14 comments:

  1. A well balanced meal :) Of course we need kittens update. How is Belle Belle doing? Long time no news of her?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately Belle Belle chose not to come home :( She does not get along with Kittie Kat and is hostile towards the kittens. She is still around and I often see her at a house a few doors away. I have tried to bring her home but she does not want to.

      Delete
    2. My male indoor ginger cat (like Girl Girl) can't get along with another indoor female tuxedo cat even though they have been living under the same roof for more than 8 years. When they can't get along, they just can't get along no matter how hard we try :(

      Delete
  2. The yam ring looked slightly thicker than the usual ones I've tried, which is good as I like yam, yummy~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the thick texture and I also love yam!

      Delete
  3. I love to eat yam basket. The yam would act as rice for me. Yummy 😋🤤 wah, Saturday also you go to office ah? So diligent!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yahor, where is poodie? She doesn't want mama's milk? Later both tutu and ahboi drank all d.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poodie was playing somewhere and was distracted. She chose play over milk LOL!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for the menu. So many dishes so I will just copy your orders if I ever get to eat there, one day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also a fan of pork trotters in black vinegar...minus the pork trotters, that is. I love the sauce and will choose any lean meat I can find but have to abstain from this dish coz the black vinegar used is the sweetened kind. I heard Chinese black vinegar is made from glutinous rice, so that's why it has a high sugar content.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, I bought black vinegar before and found it sweet. But I think there are some brands that are not or less sweet. I love trotters because of the wobbly jiggly bits which I know you don't appreciate hee..hee..

      Delete
    2. If I'm not wrong, Chinese black vinegar comes in 2 types, sweetened and unsweetened....but the sweet kind is the one that's used for this dish (and in most dishes), no point getting the unsweetened one (it just won't taste the same0...lol! Don't know what people use the unsweetened kind for.

      Delete