Friday 26 April 2024

Life Is Short. Eat!

I missed Donald's roast duck. I have been abstaining in recent times due to my tight budget.

Last month, my brother called for a cessation of the monthly contribution (which commenced in October last year) towards our dad's medical funds. It came as a relief to me because I was literally scrapping at the bottom of the barrel to make up the final month's contribution.

As far as possible, I do not want to touch my EPF savings because those funds are for my old age. I don't have children to rely on in case I am incapacitated or need medical treatment for any serious disease like cancer.

So this month onward, I can slowly rebuild my finances. At the same time I have some leeway to spend a little bit more freely (albeit with restraints still in place).


This was last week's indulgence and the duck was juicy and succulent. 


The Kopi C was as good as ever.


While enjoying my lunch, I spotted this red sporty Porsche at the side lane. No, it's not Donald's car hee..hee...


I had another duck craving on Wednesday, so I gave in to my duck-lust.


This duck was a bit dry at the breast portion. The other parts were OK.

Ah, well. That's my duck cravings fulfilled. No more ducks until my piggy bank reaches a better level. Before that happens, I'll just look at the photos hah..hah..hah..


***Kitten Updates***


I took this dust collector rattan storage unit out from my living room and placed it at the play area.


It belonged to my auntie and since she couldn't bring it overseas, I inherited this storage unit.


It has been proven to be a hit among the kitties (especially Poodie and TuTu) who love to climb on top of it. At last it has become useful.


Kitties quarantined while daddy reverses his car. 

11 comments:

  1. Aiyor, tutu and poodie posing on top of the basket photos are so beautifully shown through your photos. You have a good eye for taking lovely photos. 👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your title "Life Is Short. Eat!" Ah, the portion of half duck is more like it for you. 😋 Yums! Yummy! 🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... yes, more satiating for me.

      Delete
  3. Wah, how do you run after ah Boi, tutu and poodie to quarantine them? They must be very playful running here and there around you, thinking that you are playing with them. 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are now very defiant and do not want to be quarantined. Yesterday evening I had a hard time chasing Poodie and Tutu in the garden!

      Delete
  4. I am into roasted duck!! But my man can't take duck nowadays or rather red meat as he has gout. So can't go enjoy my roasted duck much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually gout is not caused by red meat. Sugar/carbohydrates is the culprit. You can check out information on Youtube.

      Delete
  5. That rattan basked (I think) will turn into a scratching post for the kitties (coz they mimic the texture/look of a tree/branches)! >.< When you have a craving, you really have one to go to see DD (I'm sure he was happy to see you) twice in a row.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I had in mind a scratching post for them. And they do scratch it but most of the time they love climbing on top and jumping around. hah..hah... my duck craving is satisfied for now.

      Delete
  6. Glad that now you can gradually indulge in the food you freely.

    ReplyDelete