Thursday 4 April 2024

Naughty #3 : Lavie Boulangerie @ Damansara Kim

Okie. Time to fess up. I am taking this carnivore break a little bit too seriously wahahaha!!!

There is this little bakery cafe that I pass by when I used to go tapau chicken rice for dad.

Lavie Boulangerie is the name. 


So on one of those days I stopped by to snap pics of the menu.


They serve breakfast (8:30am to 11:30am) and lunch (11:45am to 4:30pm).


There is also a whole day menu where the Brioche Sando Sandwich caught my eye. 


And then there is the Crombolini, a hybrid between a croissant and  bombolini. Ah, that's a curiosity! 


So I stepped inside one fine day.


To the sight of this array of very tempting bakes.


I thought that I was quite immune to pastries until I saw this row of crombolinis. Tsk!


Ho hum. These did not pique my interest.


You can also buy sourdough loaves and sandwich bread.


That is the Apple Cinnamon Tart. Reminded me of apple pie, a past favorite of mine. Above the tart were slices of cake.


And then there is the Nutty Salted Caramel Tart. Above the tart is a Blueberry Danish.


A very friendly young lady approached me to introduce the menu. After getting an eyeful of the pastries, I decided to order the Tuna and Egg Brioche Sando and an iced Black Coffee (no sugar, naturally).

When she asked me if I would like to order any pastry, I jokingly told her I would have to see if I had space after the sandwich. Who am I kidding, right? I always have space. Hah!


My iced Black Coffee. It was all right. Maybe next time I should have it hot. Ice tends to dilute the taste. But then it was a very hot day (as is everyday sigh...).


Ah, look at that. It reminded me of my attempt at making Wanpaku Sando. And it is (definitely) more fun when somebody else makes it (and sweats it out) for you. Of course lah you got to pay.


This was a very good sandwich. I give it 10/10. The bread was fresh and fluffy and the filling ample and well seasoned. Better than that other place (no need to say where). Besides, the prices here are a lot friendlier and more reasonable.

And then, this happened. Tsk! Tsk! Tsk!


My curiosity about the Crombolini got the better of me.


This is the Tiramisu Crombolini. Stuck on top of the pastry is a what-do-you-call-it thingy like a tiny inverted test tube.


Oh, it's an ampoule with a tip for you to inject coffee into the crombolini. If my brother had been there with me, you know what we would have done?

We would have behaved like total 8 year olds and squirted the coffee into our mouths (just to taste it).  If you want to pull a stunt like that, you have to have gang to do it with you.


That was all I could get into the pastry. And then I pondered, How do you eat this thing? Pick it up and take a bite? Or do it more elegantly with a fork and knife (which was provided)?


Not wanting to look jakun, I used the fork and knife. Oh my, this thing is delicious! Very crispy and crunchy and the filling was not too sweet at all. 


I can forsee myself coming back for more. What??? Don't worry. Not so soon.


So Lavie Boulangerie has been earmarked for future carbohydrate exploits because it is worth the calories and the money paid.


***Kitten Updates***


It was a rainy morning and Ah Boi and Tutu Kat huddled together on the roof of the cage.


Meanwhile my cute little Poodie perched herself on top of the box while mama cat hung around.


That evening, I came home and not one kitten was in sight. My heart dropped. Kittie Kat was around but not her babies. What happened???

To be continued ....

8 comments:

  1. 😍😍 I love to eat pastries very much especially plain ones like croissant. Your rating 10/10 really caught my attention to go and try!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must go there are eat the pastries to fatten yourself up! Parking in the afternoon appears to be quite OK. On weekdays after 2:00pm there are special discounts.

      Delete
  2. Aiyor, cliff hanger betul la your post. I am so worried now. 😢

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok, I will go eat at this Lavie Boulangerie the next time I am in that area. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When you're naughty....you're very naughty...hah..hah. That's like 4 full slices of white bread (cut in half)! I actually love doughnuts but refrain from eating them coz I've never come across a doughnut that's not sweet (even without the dusting of sugar)....and this one has a filling some more! O_o I would prefer to eat a bombolini and a croissant separately coz I visualize a bombolini to be so soft and fluffy (like a pillow) than a cromboloni (that's crossed with a croissant)...kekeke! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, I want that Crombolini and I want to eat it with hand, tastier mah, yum~~

    ReplyDelete