Saturday 20 April 2024

Naughty #6 : Oh! Crombolini!

No, no. I am NOT addicted. I am NOT in denial. I still love (some selected) pastries. I still love chocolate. Oh chocolate!

And I will eat a Crombolini every once in a while when I feel like it.  If I were to go to Lavie Boulangerie and eat this everyday or every other day, then you (and I) can say that I am addicted.

So. One afternoon (craving coffee) I walked in the hot sun to Lavie Boulangerie, Damansara Kim. Not only had I to endure the scorching sun, I had to climb the pedestrian bridge to go across. Wah, such effort!

When I got there, alamak, there was a power failure. Adoi. Anyhow I walked in and learnt that there is no coffee (as the machine runs on electricity). No matter, I'll just have pastries then.


I selected a Sea Salt Kouign Amann and a Chocolate Crombolini. The server kindly served me water since they could not serve coffee.


I looked across to see a row of houses. Luckily I don't live there. Or else I might find myself at Lavie Boulangerie once too often hah..hah..hah... 


The Kouign Amann was lovely, buttery and crispy with a hint of saltiness. The nice young lady was apologetic that they could not heat up the pastry for me. It's no issue as  it still tastes very good.  


My first Kouign Amann was from Beng Beng Sourdough. That one was not so fresh so it would have done better with reheating.


Next up was the Chocolate Crombolini. What is the best way to eat a Crombolini?


The bottom part is where they pump in the chocolate cream.


Look at all those layers.


Created by layering dough and butter. I would not dream of attempting this pastry (or any pastry) in my kitchen. Too much work.


Biting the top might not have been a good idea. Because the cream leaked out from the bottom.


Oh my! This was good. The chocolate cream was just barely sweet. Light and not overwhelming.


I could lick the plate I tell you hee..hee...


There will be a next time, hopefully with coffee. But please madam, not so soon!

***Kitten Updates***


TuTu says hi!


TuTu and Ah Boi.


Most of the time, Ah Boi appears as a black lump in photos. Haiz!

14 comments:

  1. I would scream if I had to walk so far to discover power failure. No coffee and no air cond too. Perhaps you need to call them ahead before going as lately there has been short power cuts around TTDI too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to scream too but what to do. Luckily the blackout just happened and the cafe was till cool.

      Delete
  2. "Most of the time, Ah Boi appears as a black lump in photos. Haiz!"
    Hahahaha 😂🤣 this sentence is so true that I gave up taking photos of my tenant. 😹😹😹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! Now I understand why there are no photos of BoiBoi :D

      Delete
  3. Ok, again, I have marked down "must eat Chocolate Crombolini at Lavie Boulangerie". 🤞 🤞 🤞 Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow at the food and you! Can tahan the heat eating without air con blowing... but then, looking at the pastries, I think I would just eat them regardless... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Luckily it was still cool in the cafe because the blackout just happened. If not it will be very warm.

      Delete
  5. I would be addicted. The crombolini is just too tempting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lol....you've been "naughty" once a week this month (compared to twice last month)...but, no worries, everyone needs their "cheat days". I'm always amazed at how these mutl-layers are made. P/S: The chocolate cream may be super delicious to you but I visualise the droplets on your plate as something your kitties would have left you....wuahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, thanks to your remark, I shall think of my kitties' deposits every time I think of Chocolate Crombolini wahahahaha!!!

      Delete
  7. I would lick clean the plate too, haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee..hee... I used my finger to sapu the cream!

      Delete