Monday 29 April 2024

Restoran Mr Thai Street Food, Kota Damansara


Last Saturday we went to another venue for lunch. My brother (YB #1) sent his car to the workshop before coming to the nursing home (via Grabcar) and needed a ride home.

So he joined us for lunch and suggested that we go to Kota Damansara (near his home) for lunch. On the way there he asked us what was our preference - Chinese, Japanese or Thai?

I was open to anything and YB #2 chose Thai. So off we went to Restoran Mr Thai Street Food.


Kota Damansara is not that far from my home and place of work but I hardly venture out there. Parking was surprisingly easy but apparently not so in the evening.


The decor is simple and unpretentious and it was quiet perhaps because we were early.


The menu is not very extensive and is focused on familiar Thai dishes such as tomyam, Thai Style Steamed Fish, Chicken Feet Salad etc. I let YB #1 and YB #2 do the ordering.

These were what we had.


For drinks, mum and I opted for warm water while YB #1 had a lime juice and it was watermelon juice for YB #2.


The first dish served was this Chicken Feet Salad. This is one of my favorite kerabu and this version was pretty decent. If there is any complaint, I found the chicken feet too tough (could do with longer cooking for more tender bite) and there we tiny bones which were not removed.


Next was this Crabmeat Omelette which was ordinary. I did not detect any crabmeat in this omelette and quite frankly this is not something I would order when eating out.


This Pakis Belacan was pretty good and pakis (paku pakis, a type of edible fern) is a vegetable that we rarely get to eat. 


This was the Steamed Fish with Lime Sauce. This was just OK for me.


The last dish was the Garlic Sotong which was to me the best dish.

At the end of the meal, YB #1 asked if anyone wanted desserts. Mum, YB #2 and I abstained while YB #1 who has a sweet tooth ordered the Red Ruby.


Wah.... that looks good! Overall this was a good lunch. The dishes here come in standard sharing portions though I found the 5 dishes for the 4 of us was not quite enough hah....hah....hah.... 

***Kitten Updates***


My prisoners on Sunday morning protested very loudly. See what they did to the fresh underpads which I replaced early in the morning. Tsk!


TuTu cursing the cage when they were released after my partner and I came home from our Sunday marketing.


Relaxing.

Now, I need some experts to tell if Ah Boi and TuTu are boy or girl.


Ah Boi's backside.


TuTu's backside.


Poodie is confirmed female by virtue of her three colored coat.

12 comments:

  1. Kittens hate the cage & take their anger on the lining pad :) Ah Boi & TuTu look like female for me ><

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adoi. Ah Boi is actually Ah Girl. LOL!

      Delete
  2. The portion of the dishes are quite small, normally Thai food are quite refined in their servings... that goes for Nyonya food as well.
    Oh, seeing cats' gender are from their backsides? hahaha.. I didn't know that.... doggies are definitely easier then... hahaha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My stomach is not ngam with refined serving portions. LOL! Very hard to tell if male or female when they are still small.

      Delete
  3. I don't know how to tell gender hahahaha because when I got ah Boi, his rescuer told me he is a Boi hahahaha. Ah, Thai dishes are best eaten with rice because they are very flavourful. Kota Damansara I have been there a few times only, once by public buses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ah Boi could be a girl. Headache.

      Delete
  4. If there's one thing I'd always want to order at a Thai place is their fried omelette coz only they know how to make it super frizzy and super crispy...but then this one looks like a typical omelette you get from a tai chow place...lol. The food was probably in smaller portions or because you're not eating rice that the 5 dishes seemed insufficient. Wah, it's not like you (or your brother) to abstain from desserts when the opportunity presented itself...hah..hah.

    Congratulations, Grandma, I think you got yourself 3 grand-daughters...lol! Remember to snip-snip them, otherwise you'll end up with 9 great grandkids....wuahahahaha! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This omelette was an ordinary one which I can do better at home LOL! Well, I was on good behavior mode or else I would have gotten that Red Ruby dessert hah...hah...

      Oh dear me. Ah Boi is a girl then. But I'll stick to that name. Oh ya, you bet I will not delay spaying them. Very scared already! Mama cat will go first then followed by the kitties.

      Delete
  5. I would not order any omelette dish if eat out. I would order dishes that I am not good at cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I thought I would see Tom Yum in the post, hehe :P One one from your family is fan of Tom Yum?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, we are not big fans of tom yum though we do take tom yum.

      Delete