Wednesday 28 July 2021

Lockdown Day #58 : I Love You Belle Belle

I'm afraid I don't have a photo of an adorable looking Belle Belle because this girl is very sour faced most of the time.


She has brought me joy and tears. I faced many challenges adopting her and had a false start when I first took her in. She came to me as a very adorable but dirty looking and unhealthy kitty


I took pity on her and decided to adopt her. That entailed trapping her and taking her to the vet. Having two cats in the house proved to be a challenge.

At the time Belle Belle had an ear infection and skin problems that was not resolved during the first visit to the vet. This resulted in me having to move her outside.


It worked out all right for a little while and then Belle Belle ran away. I was so heartbroken because I had grown attached to her. But as fate would have it we were reunited and I resolved that I would do whatever it takes to bring Belle Belle back into my life.


As of today, all is well and Belle Belle is now a healthy cat. My partner has a soft spot for Belle Belle and that resulted in her being released from her cage and she is now free to roam the house in the evenings.

When I first adopted Belle Belle in 2020, my other cat, Girl gave me a hard time. But what I can say is now the two girls are buddies.


I have noted some positive changes in Belle Belle's behavior namely :

1. She does not steal Girl's food anymore. Now she obediently goes to her own feeding bowl

2. She uses her own litter box and does not do her business in Girl's.

3. She used to poop and not bother covering with litter but now she does.

4. She pees at least once a day now unlike in the past when she would hold her pee for two days and produced giant sized pee clumps.

5. She does not behave aggressively towards Girl anymore.

6. She responds positively to cuddles when in the past, she would kick my hand and free herself from me.

Well, I am glad that all is well with Belle Belle in the house. I feel so blessed that Belle Belle and Girl are in my life. I love them so much!

16 comments:

  1. She does look miserable, like she's got the whole world against her. What? No food today? I'm hungry!!! LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sour faced belle belle might have a hard life before she came to your house, that is why your partner took pity on her and loved her so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the poor thing. I kesian her a lot and I am happy to have given her a home.

      Delete
  3. Love your post today! 😻❤️❤️❤️❤️😻 Thank you for persevering and believing in both of them. Very happy that they are friends now. May all of you have a fulfilling life together forever! 😻❤️❤️❤️😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The two of them are a blessing!

      Delete
  4. Probably Belle had a hard time before she came to you. Your care and love won her over and now she can trust you and receive her love. She is also learning to accept and love others. It is a wonderful adoption story that turns out well for Belle, Girl, you and partner. Good that Girl and Belle are now sisters and get along well with each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your wonderful comment! I think Belle was abandoned and somehow she found me. I am glad that to have her and Girl in my life.

      Delete
  5. Aww... this post makes me reached for my kleenex! I have grown to love your kitties too from your posts... and I am not a cat person!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In my previous comment, I mentioned that base on the number of time you mentioned Belle vs, Girl, I can concluded that you love Belle more than Girl and after I read this entry, I reaffirm my first perception of you on Belle is correct. Even though you love Girl too but my impression is that you like Belle more than Girl because Belle have special "Charisma" that attract you. Nevertheless, it is glad that you have two lovely kitty in your life that bring joy to you ( BTW, not only bring joy to you but to all the follower of your blog, frankly speaking, I always look forward to Belle story than any other topics of your blog, don't blame me for that...hahahaha!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. I am glad that you are a fan Belle and my cat stories! There will always be stories about my two cats :)

      Delete
  7. After some time, there will be bonds between the girls and with human. Good that things turn out well for you and the girls.

    Belle is pretty, love her fur colours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle can look very cute sometimes but most of the time she has a fierce look.

      Delete
  8. This is a heartwarming story of an adopted stray with a happy ending! :) I'm also happy to read about her positive behaviour now (but that's because Belle Belle has been a stray longer than Girl and needed time to learn things). I'm glad that they both bring immense joy to your life! ;) It's not easy to take care of a pet. Any thoughts on a third one? Wakakakaka! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alamak! It's like asking a mother of two, when is her third one coming wahahahaha!!! It wasn't smooth sailing but I am glad things turned out well in the end with Belle. I am blessed to have my two girls. In a way, thanks to you and Cookie for the motivation! LOL!

      Delete