Friday 2 July 2021

Lockdown Day #32 : Oh No. EMCO!

 
Yesterday evening while resting after my vaccination, I got the news that Klang Valley will be under Enhanced Movement Control Order (EMCO) effective from 03-07-2021 to 16-07-2021.

Adoi. I was suddenly so depressed. I was so upset that I hardly slept last night. The EMCO will be imposed in most parts of Selangor (I am affected) and Kuala Lumpur. Not really surprising since Covid-19 infections has surged to 6,982 new cases today with Selangor clocking in at 2,907 fresh cases. Gosh.

With the EMCO, I will not be able to go grocery shopping with my partner. The poor man will have to struggle with the groceries alone. I will be totally 100% housebound. 

I told myself that I should not be upset, instead I should look at the positive side of it. I get extra 14 days to do what I set out to do, but failed to do (like scrubbing my bathroom tiles. Tsk!), during the past 32 days. So chin up! Be happy!


I did not mention that yesterday morning before I left for the vaccination center, I had to clean up after Belle Belle. The silly girl vomited after breakfast. She threw up downstairs and upstairs.

I was already in high anxiety and she had to add on to my stress. Haiz. Poo, pee and vomit comes with the territory when you keep pets.

Anyway. When I came home, I wanted to eat something simple and fuss free.


This is one of the frozen things that I bought recently. I can't remember the price.


The instructions mention only deep frying and no other alternative. 


Of course these days we can also air fry. I did it at 200C for 15 minutes plus, tossing every 5 minutes or so.


It turned out quite well, crispy and juicy. Very delicious!


I paired the chicken karaage with mixed salad leaves, cucumber and tomato slices. 


It was really good. I saved half of the chicken for dinner.


As you can see, I love raw onions. 


I drizzled the salad with Kewpie Hot and Spicy dressing. So good!


Belle Belle stayed in last evening and did not give me any trouble today.


Chin up, madam! Happy EMCO!

15 comments:

  1. Bet the chicken was great with the salad. So far we have not had any frozen stuff - missus made some popcorn chicken using the slab of chicken breast in the freezer yesterday, some Taiwanese recipe she said and it turned out very good. Did not feel like breast meat. Would be great to throw into salads too, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are affected by the EMCO? Looks like it doesn't mean much these days - we can do so many things unlike the first time in March last year - that was like a curfew, very scary but we managed to get everything under control then. Not now, getting worse!!!

      Delete
    2. I have tried Taiwanese popcorn chicken and I like it very much.

      Delete
    3. The government should have enforced a similar MCO as March last year but then they had to consider livelihoods. Right now things are looking very, very grim. So sad.

      Delete
  2. My family members and people I know have got their 1st jab this week and next week. They really speeding up right now.

    Yes, rather scary especially in Selangor as cases been over 2000 and being top for quite long. Really depressing. Hope we see light in July. I dread that it has been dragging so long. My kids getting lazier and too contented staying at home now. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too that the situation will improve.

      Delete
  3. Your salad looked good. But I dont fancy raw onion. Haha. I will omit that in my salad if can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Most people dislike raw onions.

      Delete
  4. I see the raw onions and I can imagine you breathing fire πŸ”₯ like a dragon after that. πŸ˜‚I dislike the part where only one person can go out which means I need to walk out alone as I don't drive. I hope they don't emco whole kl. You are right to see the glass as half full and not half empty. Look on the bright side. Belle Belle must have eaten too fast until vomited. Thank you mommy for cleaning up for her, Girl says on behalf of Belle Belle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I think only certain parts of KL and Selangor are under EMCO. I feel that two persons from same household going out to buy groceries is reasonable and if only one person, quite susah. Too bad government don't see it this way.

      Delete
  5. Welcome to my world of managing a senior cat. Cookie vomits all the time...and also have accidents (pee & poop) in his cage sometimes. I guess when they get old (even humans), digestion is a problem. If he eats too fast, it can also lead to vomiting. So, I now don't pour out his food all at once but will spoon them in one spoon at a time. I also need to break them up into smaller pieces so that it doesn't get stuck in his throat that will induce vomiting.

    My, your kaarage chicken (no need to spray it with oil first?) from the air fryer looks damn good (makes me want to get an air fryer...haha)...pair it with a salad, ok...pair it with raw onions, no! >_<

    Luckily, I don't have the problem of going out alone. If you send my man to the supermarket to buy veggies and such, he'll be lost. This is back to MCO 1.0 when all the men had to do the shopping for perishables...lol. Consider ourselves lucky there's no barb wire surrounding our taman like some places! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I see...this is old age problem. Belle has a tendency to over eat, so greedy that she steals Girl's food. I think I should do your method of portioning her meals. AH, I should also mash up her food. Trouble is she vomits at many locations upstairs and downstairs and once I even missed a spot and wondered where the fishy smell was coming from! Haiz...

      The karaage chicken no need to spray oil because the chicken is already pre-fried. You will see oil oozing out as it gets heated up. Air fryer is perfect for this sort of frozen food, it's more like reheating something that has already been deep fried.

      This morning I gave my partner just a short list to lessen his stress hah..hah...the rest I can get via Grabmart. Oh yes, thank goodness we don't have barbed wire at our taman. That would have been too much!

      Delete
  6. This round of EMCO really hit me harder than earlier. Not that my area is affected but it's all the same when KL/PJ are sandwiched all the way. I almost sunk into depressions but luckily I forced myself to get busy with the new center coming up.

    It would be good to occasionally massage the cat's tummy and swing her in the mid air. It would help them to vomit faster. I remember how my sister's cats turned giddy and vomited right away. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, staying busy will keep you from falling into depression. I felt gloomy too when EMCO was announced.

      LOL! You are so naughty! I don't want to kill my cat hah..hah..

      Delete
  7. Your air fried karaage looked absolutely attractive!

    ReplyDelete