Thursday 29 July 2021

Lockdown Day #59 : Your Food Is Ready

I was cleaning up my phone and deleting old photos when I came across my partner's lunches which I meal prepped for him on workdays.

I have watched on Youtube (and seen elsewhere) the very beautiful lunchboxes/bento that some very diligent wives (or girlfriends) prepare for their other half. 

Well, my partner is not so lucky to get such well prepared lunchboxes from me. I don't have the time to do such things so early in the morning. Besides it's going to end up inside his stomach and he is not the sort to appreciate artistic works of art heh..heh... (lucky me).

So. What he gets is very basic - rice and two proteins and sometimes there will be some form of vegetables (when he works weekends). 


This is rice + pork with mushrooms and carrots + omelette. 


Rice + mini meatloaf + baked beans + fried eggs.


Rice + mini meatloaf + bittergourd omelette. Notice the unsightly squiggles of tomato ketchup.


Rice + mini meatloaf + baked beans + hard boiled eggs.


Rice + pan fried pork + fried eggs + cucumber slices.


Rice + pork with carrots and mushrooms + omelette.


Rice + mini meatloaf + hard boiled eggs.


Rice + pork and carrots and mushrooms + hard boiled eggs.


Rice + mini meatloaf + baked beans + fried eggs.


Rice + mini meatloaf + fried eggs + cucumber slices. Again squiggles of tomato ketchup.


Rice + mini meatloaf + fried eggs + baked beans.


Rice + pork with potatoes, carrots and green peas + omelette + cucumber slices.


Rice + meat patties + hard boiled eggs + baked beans + cucumber slices (this one considered terlebih rajin).


Rice + pork with potatoes and green peas + hard boiled eggs.


Rice + pork with celery and carrots + hard boiled eggs.


Rice + mini meatloaf + fried eggs + sliced cucumbers.


Rice + mini meatloaf + hard boiled eggs + cucumber slices. I was trying to be artsy fartsy with the tomato ketchup.


Rice + mini meatloaf + fried eggs + baked beans.


Rice + pork with potatoes, carrots and peas + hard boiled eggs.

As you can see, there were many repeats. Poor fella tsk..tsk..tsk...

20 comments:

  1. ok la....he is still lucky coz got homecooked meals! he seldom eat out/tapao during weekdays?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wouldn't mind getting those lunchboxes...but I guess he can't microwave to heat up because of the stainless steel container.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, no heating up and he is OK with that.

      Delete
  3. Your partner has to count his blessings to get such tasty bento boxes from you. I for one, would definitely appreciate these bento meals especially no need me to lift a finger to cook them. Before I read your caption, I was thinking the red swirl is so pretty! Then I read it is ketchup on mini meatloaf and you are being creative. Well it worked to capture my attention! πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Repeats are super ok. I can eat the same thing every day for my favourite food. No problemos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to prepare lunch boxes when I worked in bank many years ago. Up early to cook and heat up, then packed. Reheat when it was breaktime. Phew. Those were the days.

    Your boxes looked tasty. Better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cook in advance sometimes up to 2 weeks in advance to make it easier and save time.

      Delete
  6. I see two constants in your partner's home packed meals...mini meatloaf & eggs! At the rate he goes through his eggs, one box (of ten) will not last a week, so I assume you buy eggs by the tray (of 30)...lol. It's good that your partner is not fussy + accommodating and doesn't mind eating the same thing every week (my spouse is like that too if it happens to be his favourite)...but not me lah (I can't)...kekeke! ;) Although I have to say it's not common to see male colleagues bring lunch from home every day (if it's the ladies, then yes, usually it's because they're on a diet of some sort...I did that too a long ago, my own packed lunch every day which usually involved steam fish & vegetables).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...the mini meatloaf is the easiest thing to cook, that's why! Yes, we buy the tray of 30 because I am an egg eater too LOL! Very true, usually the guys don't pack their lunch unless someone made for them hee..hee... Wah, you used to bring steamed fish meaning you would have to cook that very morning itself!

      Delete
    2. Yeah, I used to buy slices of cod fish or ma yau (when cod fish was still cheap then...lol) and prep my veggies (and rice) the night before. In the mornings, I just put them all to steam (very easy & fast + I always have my ready garlic or onion oil) and put them in separate containers that come with one of those Thermos food warmers, so it'll still be slightly warm at lunch. Those were some good & healthy meals I had. ^_~

      Delete
    3. Cod fish is a luxury these days. Well, well, you were so diligent with your food prep :)

      Delete
  7. His favourites are meatloaf and baked beans? All look ok and yummy to me wah. I don't mind if I have someone to prepare lunchboxes for me. Hint hint lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not to say his favorite but my favorite because easy to prepare LOL!

      Delete
  8. I prepared packed lunch for myself when I first started work because I do not like the canteen food. Your hubby appreciates your cooking and is not fussy about repeats. I couldn't get my hubby to take packed lunches to work. For me, I would be very happy and will feel so blessed if someone prepares lunch boxes for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your hubby did not want to trouble you. It can be quite time consuming no matter how simple the meal is.

      Delete
  9. I can see baked beans appeared quite frequently in the bento, your hubby must be a fan, which same like my hubby. He will be extra happy when this dish appears on the dining table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is more of me being lazy and just conveniently give him baked beans hah..hah...

      Delete