Sunday 18 July 2021

Lockdown Day #48 : Craving for Indian

I long for banana leaf rice but now that we are still in lockdown, how to eat banana leaf rice? Can. Via tapau or delivery but no banana leaf lah. Maybe can go and buy banana leaf and put the food on it hah..hah.. then baru got feeling.

So after coming home from grocery shopping (which was very pleasant because there were very few shoppers) I took out my phone to do some scrolling. I ordered one Banana Leaf Rice with a side order of Mutton Varuval from Kanna Curry House, Section 17.

After waiting for about half an hour, I got a notification that my rider was arriving and almost immediately I got another message that my order has arrived. Eh? I don't see any rider and next thing I know, I was charged for the delivery (plus tip too). Oi! Where got delivered? Bloody hell!!!

I was hungry and angry. So I contacted Grab via the app to complain about the matter. I got an email reply that the issue reported will be investigated and then another email came asking me to confirm if I had received my food after lodging the complaint. Haiz.... So I replied that I never received my order. Let's see what happens next. I am very disappointed.

So I placed another order but this time with Kadei by Manchula. I ordered the Kadei's Mutton Set which comes with a drink (I chose mineral water). 

Thankfully I did not have to wait too long for my food to arrive.


I couldn't wait to eat. Starving by then.


There is rice, papadam, mutton varuval, two vegetables and two curry gravy. The mineral water I kept in the fridge.


I took out my big plate and put the rice, mutton varuval and two vegetables and poured the two curries into two bowls.


Ah! Can't wait to dig in.


The mutton varuval was good. I really miss it!


The two vegetables were all right, not my favorites but good enough to accompany the meal.


I enjoyed the dhall curry but found the fish curry a tad too salty.


That was a good meal and satisfied my craving for Indian food.


Belle Belle has put on weight and she is quite heavy. She used to be light as a feather. No more!


She and Girl keep me very amused and sometimes annoyed hah..hah...


Can you see what a fatty bom bom she has become?

23 comments:

  1. One Banana Leaf Rice? They can always give you a piece of banana leaf rice for you to use...but that was your first order. No mention of banana leaf in your second order? Did the first order come in the end?

    Uncle Roger says Malaysia, we do not buy banana leaf...we just go to our neighbour's house and help ourselves. LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The first order never came and Grabfood refunded me.

      None of my neighbors have banana tree in their garden. LOL!

      Delete
  2. I want to laugh at the failed delivery as it has become quite a frequent thing in my neighbourhood. The guys would send wrong orders to me and vice versa. It was all due to human errors. It was a good timing that Kadei rescued you from being ignited into angry fire. I loved the vegetables that you didn't fancy and the mutton! YES! Looks nice. Next time buy plastic banana plates like I have to eat Indian meals.

    Belle Belle looks happy, chubby and nice. Should be fatter and rounder to bring more prosperity at your door! ONG Mali.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was one time a GrabExpress buy came to my house to deliver something. So I asked him to check the name and address. Apparently the address was correct so he called to check and confirmed not mine. LOL!

      hah..hah... I want to strike lottery!

      Delete
  3. Haizzzz, I wonder did the grab rider send your order to another house. I hope you would get a refund quickly from grab. Fortunately your 2nd order arrive safely and you had your fill. Love the photo of Girl and Belle Belle facing each other. Belle Belle put on weight means you have been taking good care of her. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno or something happened and he had to cancel. I got my refund today yay!

      Delete
    2. The previous time Grabfood cancelled when the rider was very near my house and I call grabfood help center to ask why and was told he met with an accident. So sad! 😢 Good that you got your refund from grab fast.

      Delete
    3. That is so sad! That's why I should not be so angry, maybe something happened to the guy.

      Delete
  4. OH, it nearly happened to me one time too... luckily the rider messaged me to confirm the house number... maybe the house he went to, nobody answered... otherwise, my food gone too... LOL....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now everyday at my housing area, I can hear beep..beep..beep..beep come lunch or dinner time. Lots of deliveries, so mistakes can happen. Haiz...

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, terrible to not receive your food. I'd be fuming too. Thankfully, I've not experienced that when I order food delivery....so far! ;)

    My, my, that Belle looks like a loaf of bread when she sits that way (you can't even make out where's her thigh!). I've been telling you that she has taken over the fatty bom bom title from Girl...lol! :D Both need to be put on a diet (for their own well-being)...haha. Although Cookie eats 3 cans of wet food a day (to your girls 2 cans a day), I don't give him any kibbles to nibble the whole day (at most 1 - 2 tsps when he makes noise). I wonder if they're putting on weight because of the brand of cat food (both wet & dry) they eat. That Whiskas brand is quite oily (I can feel the oiliness when I washed his food bowl) which I've stopped giving him for more than a year now. No more Friskies either. Whatever balance I had, I fed it to the stray cats so as not to let the food go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haiz...my two girls are both fatty bom bom and between the two of them, Belle eats more. They don't eat as much as Cookie (who is very lean) only one can of wet food in the morning and one scoop of kibble in the evening. I might give them about two teaspoons of kibble when they come inside and make noise with big eyes looking at me LOL!

      Delete
    2. I even suspect neighbors could be feeding them.

      Delete
    3. Eating just one can of wet food and one scoop (you didn't tell me the size of the scoop though...lol) isn't a lot really (and certainly less than what Cookie eats), so I also can't explain why your girls are rounder than Cookie. Is it different for male & female cats? ;) People will think you're overfeeding your girls until they become fatty bom bom while people will think I'm mistreating my cat until he's so skinny coz I don't feed him enough...lol! :D P/S: Usually cats don't feed at neighbours (unless they're feeding them something better and more tasty...haha).

      Delete
    4. LOL! I was told by the vet that spayed cats have lower metabolic rates. Maybe it applies to the females only which explains why my girls are so chubby in spite of not eating that much (compared to Cookie).

      Delete
  6. I also long for banana leaf but even dine-in allowed since last week here, everyone still been careful. Not many people at coffee shops and few coffee shops choose to do takeaway, no chairs and tables put up.

    We havent dine in yet. Better be careful as cases still rising.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, better be careful. I think over here, it will take quite some time before dine-in is allowed.

      Delete
  7. i would be angry too when my food gets delivered to another house & i m being charged for it! i will be cursing the rider non-stop...haih~~~ now tht i see that mutton varuval i wanted to order one too!!! yummmmzzzz! time for me to scroll Foodpanda/Grab for some Indian food.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lor... I was so pissed off but today I got my refund. Phew!

      Delete
  8. Regret to hear that your first order did not arrive and you were charged, did you manage to get a refund? Can understand why you are frustrated, a hungry man is an angry man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily I got my refund today. Or else will sure complain kaw kaw. LOL!

      Delete
  9. Belle belle got mama pamper, of course will grow fat and chubby under Mama's loving care.

    ReplyDelete