Friday 30 July 2021

Lockdown Day #60 : I Am Tired Of Staying At Home

Hah...too much of a good thing is bad isn't it? Yeah...I didn't think I would miss my office but I do.

It has been 60 days now and I traced my 2020 MCO posts and noted that I went back to work on day #48. Well, I am home much longer in 2021. No wonder lah.


Today's lunch is leftover kimchi jigae which I stashed in the freezer plus a portion of frozen minced pork stir fried with kimchi. I just dumped everything into my favorite bowl and cracked in an egg. The poor egg sank to the bottom of the bowl. I am still very full and I will skip dinner. 


This was soup a day or two ago made with bone broth. In the soup there are carrots, beancurd sheets, tofu, sliced pork and chayote shoots.


I really enjoyed my soup! So wholesome and delicious.


This was the last container of kimchi jigae that I cooked using store bought kimchi. In fact I bought the kimchi via Lazada because the reviews were quite good. But I found this kimchi too sour for my liking.


So now I can conclude that I should make my own kimchi no matter what. I just need to find a day that I am free with no stress. But I don't expect to find such a day some time soon, so no homemade kimchi yet.


Let me show you an interesting phenomenon in my garden. The other day I found this single petal Hibiscus blooming from my multi-petal Hibiscus plant.


I was quite amazed and this actually also happened with my pink Hibiscus.


In the past I have always favored multi-petal flowers because I think they are prettier.


But now I think the single petal ones are also pretty.


I wonder if I will see another single petal bloom from this plant.


This is a double petal from another plant.


My chilies are still producing fruits but not many.


Then I found a Cleome seedling and I am hoping it is a pink one.


Oh my fatty bom bom!


Contrary to what some of my readers think, Girl is the apple of my eye and she is my favorite child.


Of course I love Belle Belle too. Like what my mum used to tell me, we can't love our children equally, we love them differently. I have to agree.

21 comments:

  1. Love the egg tofu in your kimchi jigae. There is now a term called covidphobia which I think is quite silly because of course everyone doesn't want to kena covid and will do anything to prevent it. Guess the term is coined by anti maskers and anti vaxxers. Until they are on their dying bed from covid they won't believe that this covid is real and can kill. Ah, your two girls are so well loved by mommy. No need to compare and weigh the love la cos mommy has enough love for both girls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, I am quite annoyed by these anti-vaxxers. Biar kena baru tahu!

      Delete
  2. I have always wanted to plant a red hibiscus plant in my garden but never got around to doing so. Both multi petal and single petal are beautiful! Good for you that your own tree can give you both types. So pretty to look at.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never expected you to like gardening.

      Delete
    2. Not sure like or don't like because the only gardening activities that I do so far is watering plants and pruning plants. Sometimes the trees that I prune will die because I saw away all their branches. Oops! 😱

      Delete
    3. I also do weeding by pulling out the unwanted grass by hand. Lolx! 😂

      Delete
  3. Chayote shoots? I wonder what those are. Looks very nice, like paku! I love that!

    I'm so used to staying home - I guess I used to do that a lot after I retired. With my pension and the interest from my savings, I have enough to get by comfortably especially now that we do not spend on anything much other than food...and time does seem to fly by so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to buy some more chayote shoots to cook tomorrow.

      That's the advantage of civil service - pension!

      Delete
  4. Such bright red colour of the hibiscus. Seeing flowers cheers me up. Talking about tired of staying at home, today I found a new activity to keep myself entertained, post on it coming up soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am curious about your activity! LOL!

      Delete
  5. Hey, I was just going to say when I read this post not to worry, I'm sure you'll be permitted to start work soon...coz Makcik Kiah's son told me....wakakakaka! :D P/S: I agree with what your mum said, luckily I only have one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wahahahaha!!! You are so funny! The only child need not fight for mummy and daddy's attention hee..hee..

      Delete
  6. Very nice photographies of the hibiscus! It looks so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have bought so many types of Kim Chi over the years from the supermarket tubs and sealed sachets. I found the best to be the ones sold at the Korean Grocery stores that have no brands. It could be made by the store's owners or their Korean friends. The freshness and taste seems better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to taste home made kimchi made by the Koreans. Last week I watched a video of one Madam Park who is hailed as the kimchi queen in Korea. She even makes dandelion kimchi!

      Delete
  8. Anak I pun suka masak Kimchi Jigae tp anak I punya style sedikit cairlah... I ok je janji I tak payah masak hahhaha...
    Yes agreed... tp nasib diaorang tak boleh cakap LL, kalau tidak mereka mesti komplen hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LL ni macam ketagih kimchi jigae hee..hee..

      Delete
  9. Wah, your pork bone soup was brimming with "liu", that bowl sure could feed you nicely. I normally put a lot of veggies into my soup (for my lunch in office) because I always overbought veggies and I need to use them up quickly especially those leafy ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love lots of veggies in my soup! Nowadays I seem to enjoy soup a lot.

      Delete