Sunday 4 July 2021

EMCO Day #2 : Aiyah. Grabfood Lah.

Today is Sunday and because my area is under EMCO, I was not able to go grocery shopping with my partner. I knew that it would not be easy for him to handle so many items on his own, so I gave him a very short list of basics that we need like carrots, celery, eggs and such.

The more "complicated" stuff like lemongrass, herbs and other funny-funny things, I can get via Grabmart from the market or other grocery stores.

When entering the main road outside 1 Utama, there was a roadblock.


Don't play play! The police are very serious in ensuring that people don't simply sneak outside with no good reason. In fact just across the traffic lights is already TTDI which is in Kuala Lumpur

My partner got through his solo shopping smoothly and my shopping list was completed.

Since I have been cooking and not ordering in for more than a month now (so well behaved hah..hah..) I decided to take a break. While waiting for the Grabfood delivery, this pretty cat visited my (very messy) garden.


At first I thought it was Girl since they are of similar color but I realized this one is very bushy and sports a collar. But when I went outside, it disappeared.

This is what I ordered.


The Rooty FavBox (Box E) at RM25.90 but with the HOTDEALS promo, I got a discount of RM12.50 which is a pretty good deal.

This Box E consists of one Mozza Burger, one piece Golden Aroma Chicken (can choose spicy) and one French Fries. I am glad that the drink is optional and I chose to do without it.


I forgot to put in a request for the chicken part but fortunately I was given a thigh (phew!).


I thought the Mozza Burger was pretty good and I enjoyed it. No wonder Nux V keeps ordering this burger hee..hee..


The fried chicken was also not bad, crispy and juicy. The only thing I did not like were the fries because they were soggy and did not taste nice. In fact I could not finish the fries and kept them for later.


I was very pleasantly surprised to find this single petal pink Hibiscus (snapped this photo on Thursday) blooming from the same plant as the multi-petal Hibiscus.


This must be one of those one-off genetic things that occur in nature. 


My red pom-pom Hibiscus is blooming like mad due to the "special" fertilizer I applied ehem! Why waste water I say. Recycle it!


I must say that I rather like this single petal pinky!

17 comments:

  1. I've been wantng to go and get myself a burger or two, have not eaten for so long but every afternoon, after I get up from my nap, I will feel so lazy and in the end, I will just forget about it, no need to go and buy and eat. I think I'm a morning person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for your partner for shopping grocery alone and getting everything in the list successfully. This cat is out for a walk from his or her home. I know which houses in my street has cats at home, hehehe, so busybody, right? Lolx! I always like hibiscus 🌺 flowers but I haven't planted one at home. Your hibiscus flowers are so lovely! Ah, without drinks, I like. I think I will use Hotdeals to grab a A&w set next week. Good la, we tempt each until A&W gets our support. Did u toast the fries later to eat them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the cat detector :D Must try the coney dog next. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow!! I was wondering why no usual road block outside the TTDI balai but seems they moved to 1-Utama!!! Most shoppers are from you know where lah. Adoi!

    I must try the A&W's Mozza Burger tomorrow for my lunch. Now 3 aunties have lured me esp the one who wears selipar Jepun.

    When your garden has flowers, all the cats will visit and leave some poohs as well. Once my garden at my previous home was voted the best Balinese garden with full blooms by the neighbours. I had nightmares with all their cats coming to visit and peed-poohed non stop. Cats love flowers and greens!! They are always on alert to see where they could find the "laxative" fix grass to help them vomit out fur balls.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!! You no need to eat A&W lah, got good home cooked food mah. Kimchi jigae some more hah..hah..

      Aiyo! But now that I have two cats, I no longer find cat poo in the garden. My girls must have chased the other cats away. Yes, I often see cats eating grass.

      Delete
  4. How come many people order A&W burgers?? Lol. Wish we have outlet here. The Mozza burgers sure looked yummy.

    Take care. Cases keep going up over there. Yesterday it was over 3000!! OMG!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see other people eat A&W burgers, I also want. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Aiyah, looks like you ordered one day too early...otherwise you could have tried their two new coney dog offerings of Boston & Chicago coneys. It wouldn't appeal to me (even though I love their coneys) as it has two words that don't resonate with me...cheese & mustard! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw these two coney dogs on the menu but I was aiming for the burger. Now that you mentioned it, I am tempted to try the two coney dogs. LOL! I happen to like mustard with hot dogs!

      Delete
  6. LOL....yummilicious Mozza burger!!! That 'ah Girl' doppelganger is so photogenic even looked directly to your camera when her picture is taken!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, she saw me through the glass door!

      Delete
  7. One day must get hubby to buy me a burger with lots of veggie inside. Love your different types of hibiscus especially the pom pom hibiscus. Possibly the visitor cat dropped by to visit Girl or maybe Belle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Imagine my two girls getting visitors hee..hee..

      Delete
  8. Seem like hibiscus is a rather easy to tale care and plant, maybe I should get one to try.

    ReplyDelete