Tuesday 27 February 2024

Priming Day #13 : Write Off

I started work on the third day of Chinese New Year (Tuesday).

The day before I prepared my usual minced beef and bacon bits.


I had only two eggs left in the fridge so it was a two egg air fryer omelette for breakfast.


I must say that it was very good.


I must go to Jaya Grocer to pick up more eggs.


My poor mummy couldn't eat chap fan that day because the coffee shops were closed. So I got her two sandwiches from Family Mart.


Meanwhile the dim sum shop was open and was doing roaring business.


At Damansara Jaya, all the coffee shops were closed too. Good thing I did not take any chances and picked up the sandwiches at Damansara Utama.


After the visit with mum, I returned to Damansara Utama for lunch. I chose this Ultimate Pork Indulgence with tomato broth.


I'm afraid the broth was diluted and not as good as before. What a shame. Not only that, I experienced a drop in energy after consuming the broth.

I know there is MSG and sugar in the soup (I was very thirsty afterwards and the soup had a sweetish taste) and I reckon that had negative impact on me.



This meal cost me RM35.30 (price increased since last visit) and for that sort of money I would get more bang for my buck at Donald's.

I actually wanted to eat at Twin's Signature Roast Duck (they were open) but I didn't want to post duck again hah..hah.. What the hell. This is my blog and if I want to post roast duck 10 or 100 times, it's up to me.

Well, I won't come here again. Standards dropped and prices increased. So I have written them off. Bye bye!

Dinner was kimchi jigae and I forgot to take a photo of it.

Kittie Kat Update (photos taken on 25-02-2024) :


This kitten is almost all black.


Looks like a tiny piglet.


The kittens are growing very fast.

15 comments:

  1. I couldn't help to have a good laugh myself every time I read about Kittie Kat :) She used to have big round eyes when young but now muka masam (like thinking of what to do with all the kittens). The kittens exhaust Kittie Kat. Be careful of the kittens falling from the high shoe cabinet after they open their eyes & wandering around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She seems to have a scowl on her face, stress I think hah..hah... Two of the kittens fell before but appear to be all right. Now I make sure they are not lying too close the the edge.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, you used to rave about this place and it was one of your favourite spots. As with any tomato-based broth, there's bound to be sugar (it's a given to balance out the acidity in the tomatoes). Before I went on a more restrictive diet, I had one of those jars of tomato paste (which I bought from before) and made a final pot of borsch soup to be distributed away...hah..hah.

    I've eaten at this dim sum place before and it's quite good, no wonder got good crowd. P/S: So, to make air fryer minced pork omelette, the meat is pre-sauteed first?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's how I do it, I precook the mince first.

      Delete
  3. Ya, Kittie Kat now knows how much work a mommy needs to do so she is also praying πŸ™ for no next time please. 😿😾

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I will arrange for snip snip as soon as the kittens are weaned. I was told have to wait 3 months after birth.

      Delete
    2. Wait 3 months should be ok as long as all males cats should be kept away from her to ensure no pregnancy as I read that it is possible for them to be pregnant again very soon after giving birth.

      Delete
    3. I'll have to find a way how to do that.

      Delete
    4. I am confident you will find a way to do it! πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

      Delete
  4. I agree that you can and should post twins duck daily if that is what you ate because this is your space. πŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺπŸ’ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  5. The all dark dark piglet looks like my boi boi. So sweet! They must be drinking Kittie Kat's milk at a very fast rate. 😻🍼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are growing very fast! I remember your boi boi. He must be doing well under your care. One day please post a photo of him :)

      Delete
  6. Tomato broth normally contains sugar as it need the sugar to balance up the flavour. Kittie Kat looked fierce in that photo, did she?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was in serious mood but she wasn't fierce with me.

      Delete