Friday 9 February 2024

Priming Day #4 : Ugly Food Ahead

It is Chinese New Year eve! But I have nothing exciting to show you. Sorry, ah! Maybe tomorrow there will be something interesting to report.

Now moving on. Day #4 was a Sunday. My homemade kimchi somehow transformed and tasted quite decent after sitting in the fridge for a week or so.

I have been watching a few kimchi making videos and I am amazed how Korean families make an enormous amount of kimchi. Of course it is teamwork with each family member taking on different tasks. But still. So much work!

In both videos, at the end of the kimchi making session, the family sits down to a meal of freshly made kimchi and braised pork belly. Ah.... pork belly and kimchi!




I started my morning with eggs.


After coming back from Aeon, I steamed pork belly in broth for 45 minutes.


It looked very dull.


Then I sliced the pork belly chunks.


I ate the sliced pork belly with kimchi.


Four chunks of pork belly didn't look like much but it was very dense and so filling.


I had the same thing for dinner. So simple. And that's day #4 where I went to bed with a full belly. LOL!

4 comments:

  1. Ah, good to hear that you like the taste of your kimchi now. ๐Ÿ‘ I am interested to read what you will eat for tonight at dinner. Happy CNY in advance! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I did not eat anything exciting LOL!

      Delete
  2. Your Kimchi looks good and it's good to pair with pork belly to offset the meatiness.

    ReplyDelete