Tuesday 2 August 2022

30 Day Carnivore Challenge : Day #2

This morning I cooked myself a minced beef omelette. Very easy.


I sliced up half an onion first. Then I put 5 minced beef balls into the hot pan and broke them up. Soon enough lots of oil came out from the beef.

Then I added the sliced onion and sauteed until the onion and meat were nicely browned. Then 3 beaten eggs were added into the pan.


Sorry TM. Pagi-pagi already got lembu smell coming from Bandar Utama. But it rained this morning, so the smell won't fly all the way to TTDI wahahahaha...


So there. Lunch done.

Dinner this evening is pork chops!


Last evening I marinated some pork chops with crushed garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil and pepper.


This is how they looked like before being marinated. Aren't these a beauty?


This is the pork collar chops from Sanbanto. When I placed the order, I some more specifically instructed them to "please supply meat with more fat". The last order, all the pork was so lean. Pork with no fat where got nice?


Look at that. More fat, more flavor. We do need fats in our diet. 

When I got home today, I simply pan fried the marinated pork in a bit of olive oil. 


I cooked them for 4 minutes per side and these pork chops turned out really well. So delicious and so moist and tender.


I know for sure that I won't be feeling peckish later on like I did last evening. This meal was very satiating and satisfying.

10 comments:

  1. I love your pork chops!!! They look so good!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I fried them until nice and browned.

      Delete
  2. Whoa! After Moo Moo comes Oink Oink. I saw the cows jump over the moon and now pigs can fly. Well done girl, this carnivore diet is superbly cooked by you the expert Chef.
    The colour of your pork chops is nicer than many restaurants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Thank you for the compliments! Let's see what I eat tonight!

      Delete
  3. Ask for pork chop with more fat? Did you lahling roll his eyes over your "more fat" request (since he also disapproves innards)? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lahling is used to it already hah..hah... He once told me a long, long time ago that he freaked out on our first date when I removed the skin from the chicken chop and ate that first!

      Delete
  4. Did you eat the minced beef omelette as breakfast too? Okay, day 2 completed. Full and satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I ate it for lunch. I generally don't eat breakfast.

      Delete
  5. Wow, your pork chops definitely looked really good for the nice browning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A hot pan will achieve that.

      Delete