Thursday, 1 October 2026

Street Porridge, Damansara Utama

I did mention Street Porridge in an earlier post and I visited recently.


This restaurant is located between TM Unifi and that blue physiotherapy place. If I am not wrong, this location was once occupied by a Taiwanese restaurant.

Kaboom! Straight to the point. 


I wasn't there for porridge, that's for sure.


This is the 1/4 poached chicken (lower quarter). Very good portion size and oh my, I was very impressed by how tender and juicy the chicken was.


I'll be honest. The sauce under the chicken was mild. Not salty and the fragrance of sesame oil was also subtle. But as far as I was concerned, the chicken was very good on its own.

The chili dip and ginger paste were also mild in flavors. This would suit diners who prefer light tasting condiments.


I'll have to say, I will come back for the chicken.


The char siew also impressed me. It came like that, not drowned in sauce like at some places, and yet the flavors came across very distinctlty. The meat was also very tender. Loved it!


I was looking for coffee but all they had was a 3 in 1 White Coffee which would contain sugar. So I settled from warm water.

Let me share the menu below.


This is the menu for siew yoke (roasted pork), char siew (BBQ pork) and roasted duck.


Signature Poached Boneless Chicken.


The rice and noodles section.


Their specialty, porridge (congee).


There are a few varieties of congee and toppings.


These are side dishes that you can order to go with rice.


Individual rice dishes.


Well, I am glad I visited and next visit I will try their roasted duck. This place is now my new meat station hah..hah...

No comments:

Post a Comment