I woke up with a headache and fever. So I had no choice but to take a day off. I texted my brother to get food and newspaper for mum.
I did not even have the energy to write a post. I basically took it easy (although I did do some light housework) and watched Netflix. As for food, I ordered via GrabFood (will post about that another day).
Last week, my partner took me for a birthday dinner. It wasn't exactly on my birthday, just a couple of days earlier.
I was surprised when he suggested Continental Wine Bar & Bistro, The Starling because he is more of a Chinese restaurant person.
Now, I was a bit iffy about this place. Because this was where The Barn (where I was foaming at the mouth with the food that was served) used to be. Is this the same management? Or is this a totally new setup?
Who knows? The interior and decor is pretty much the same and fingers crossed, we have a good experience here.
After looking through the very extensive menu, my partner insisted that I get the Angus Ribeye (I was afraid, very afraid after my experience at the previous establishment) while he chose the Barramundi Fish & Chips.
The steak did not look inspiring. I requested for medium rare and red wine sauce (but I was served with both red wine and black pepper sauce).
Ahh! The steak was well seasoned and I must say that both the red wine and black pepper sauce were excellent. I wasn't expecting the steak to be more than decent. The vegetables were all right and so was the mashed potatoes.











Happy π lated Birthday to you! Ah, this year your birthday ππ π fell on a Sunday ππ so you should by right take a day off from weekend cooking to celebrate ππ₯ π₯³
ReplyDeleteU r 4 years my senior so in one more year, it is the big 60 for you! Yay! Can get more senior citizens discounts next year from 27 sep 2027 onwards! 27.9.27 nice numbers ππ»π
Hope you are feeling much better today and no more fever d. Thank you for the review. Let me note down that this barramundi π and chips dish is nice so that I can order it next time I visit starling mall. Steak π₯© better not cos my weak teeth cannot handle it.
ReplyDelete