Sunday 12 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #26 (Fish Again)


I continued with the stock take that I started on Day #23 and all my barang-barang from the other section of my pantry did not completely fill my dining table.

Progress! That meant that I have improved and did not stock up as much as I did before heh...heh... Look.


There are canned food, milk, soya bean milk, salad dressing, bottled condiments and even this...


heh..heh...heh....


This is my stash of canned food.


You would not catch me buying these. They are from a Chinese New Year hamper.


The santan is for baking/cooking, the multi-grain soya bean milk for overnight oats and milk for baking. By the way, I love the V-Soy Multi-grain soya bean milk and I wish that they would produced a no sugar or low sugar variant.


These bottled salad dressings are from the Hellmann's salad promotion by La Juiceria Goodness Greens Cafe some time ago. If you buy two salads, you get two complimentary bottles of dressing.


The Smoky Caesar and Smoky Thousand Island are very good and highly recommended (by me hah...hah...). You can find these at Aeon.


The Roasted Sesame I'm afraid is quite awful (in my opinion). The sesame oil smell is way too strong. Stick to Kewpie's.

I believe it is not popular, hence the restaurant pushed it and one of the foc dressing is this one by default. That is why I ended up with so many bottles of it.


This is the rest, miscellaneous stuff like honey, coffee, tea, asam boi, etc.


Ah...so neat and nice.


This area too.


And this one.


My spice section.


These are the tomatoes from the online purchase. Still greenish on the day they arrived. So I left them on my dining table hoping that they would ripen.


Which they did.


Today I fried fish again. Such is my appetite for fish during this MCO hah...hah....


Hail my indomitable spirit! See, the fish's face also gone.


Tail also tercabut. Let's see what happens to the siakap tomorrow wahahaha!!


I cooked everything one shot for lunch and dinner. Practical. 


Oh ya. I found this "weapon". I believe it is called a mezzaluna. Nigella uses this to chop up herbs. My auntie gifted it to me. Still in its packaging till now.

Today I kept up with my promise of not disturbing my cat. But just in case she has fans out there (hah..hah...perasan mode on) I will post some pictures of her that I took some days ago.


I kacau her by throwing a towel at her.


You bet she was annoyed.


But not for long.


So cute.


Sorry ya. Every Mommy thinks her baby is cute.


I love to look at her when she is asleep.


Haiz.....

28 comments:

  1. I fried fish today too!! Fresh black pomfret from market yesterday. Big size so I cut into half. Cooked the head part today.

    Hemmann's salad dressing. I havent try it.

    Nice and neat, I like it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea to cut in half to fit the pan. I have another fish to fry today. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wah, you have so many cans. no need go out buy. just use your cans to see if you can finish them in this stay home time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try to finish them before the expiry date hee..hee...

      Delete
  3. Did you share your fish with Girl Girl today? thanks for the photos. so peaceful to see her sleeping. she would love it if you throw your used towel with your smell on the towel to her. please post her photos everyday, ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did because the moment I sat down to eat, she hurried over LOL! OK, will post her photos daily :)

      Delete
  4. I see moccona coffee has so many varieties. which one do you drink daily?

    http://www.moccona.com.au/range/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am drinking the Continental Gold.

      Delete
  5. Dutch Lady? Here, I buy the Australian or New Zealand brands. Ran out that day so I had to make a trip to the supermarket to grab a few cartons. So pissed off by the people - why can't they keep their distance? Wait till I've moved on before going to see what's on that shelf lah!!! 2 metres! These people are incorrigible! At this rate, the lockdown will go on FOREVER!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries! I'm equally hopeless at frying fish. Bought 3 bawal hitam, still in the freezer, dread frying it, sure get stuck one.

      Delete
    2. Exactly, people are aware of social distancing and yet they do not make effort to practice it. Happened to me as well when I was out grocery shopping some weeks ago.

      Let's have a look at your fried bawal hitam. LOL!

      Yet to open the cans of abalone. Akan datang!

      Delete
  6. The only thing I've in common with your pantry stocks is the Delicius anchovies. I've seen Hellman's advertisements lately and wondered if their salad dressings were any good...now I know.

    I can see why you don't fry fish much at home...that looks like a disaster...wuahahahaha! :D No worries though, practice makes perfect...and your fish frying will improve over time. ^_~ There's not enough oil for frying, so I understand why the skin wasn't intact. But the tail and face tercabut like that shouldn't be the case...unless the fish is not fresh enough? I don't think I can eat a black pomfret without any sauce as the flesh is rather dry and coarse.

    That weapon is only used by people like Nigella...who can't cut and chop to save her life...kekeke! :D Chefs and homemakers with knife skills won't need a contraption like that.

    Cats, like babies, are most adorable when they're asleep...that's when mommy gets a break too. But cats are cuter because of the positions they sleep in...haha! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I one more fish to fry, let's see how this one fares hah..hah... The fish was fairly fresh and I am ok with the texture of the flesh.

      From what I see on TV, that mezzaluna looks quite cumbersome to use.

      I can't seem to get enough of my cat's sleeping positions!

      Delete
  7. Mak Oi. I am so flabbergasted and amazed by all your barang-barang Runcit inside the kitchen.

    My eyes went wide at the Abang Strawberry Sambal!! How do you eat that?? Sounds sedap to me.

    Then you have Assam Jawa Xtra pulak. It must be sour until no eyes see. What do you cook with that?

    Then I am really stunned to know that green tomatoes could turn red 🍅 !!!!! Each time I went to supermarkets, I had a hard time to pick all red tomatoes. You just shared real green tomatoes photo and became red in next bowl. Did you do a David Copperfield stunt?? Now would you tell me that green apples would also become red apples after few days?? I will try this stunt tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will try that sambal and let you know LOL! The asam jawa is for cooking, some recipes call for it.

      The tomatoes ripen when left out at room tempetarure just like bananas. But green apples won't turn red lah.

      Delete
  8. I think you better learn to make your own soya drink. It would fresher, healthier and more delicious. I will try to dig the articles I read about the high content of alum inside those packet soya milk. It will speed up one's kidney stones and other side effects.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cat is really cute lah. Wow now it is so neat and tidy. I just stocked up on pasta sauce and spaghetti recently, may cook pasta on sat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Show your pasta after you have cooked it.

      Delete
  10. Ur kitchen shelf is like a grocery store! Can find almost evryting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My fried fish also looks like yours with some of the skin gone. According to this website I'm suppose to heat up the pan until hot before heating the oil & fry https://thewoksoflife.com/keep-food-from-sticking-wok-pan/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have can stuff too, those on the front row and the rest, I have to salute you.. the dressings, the spices... and seeing your pantry, I guess it is time to arrange mine too...someday! Let me finish buying first! hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! There won't be much buying for me for the time being. MCO quite good lah, saves me from all the unnecessary spending.

      Delete
  13. Your pantry is like a mini supermarket, so well stocked! I wonder it takes how long for you to finish those dressing? I seldom buy salad dressing becuase I think they are fattening :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is quite a small bottle, probably two sittings, finish already!

      Delete