Thursday 16 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #30 (Cauliflower Fried Rice)


Today marks the 30th day of me staying at home like a bum. I think I might be enjoying this a little too much.

I have always envisioned how nice it is to be retired and not having to go to work anymore - no stress, no deadlines, no nothing. Yes! I like!

Well this is sort of a preview but the stress will come when office re-opens. The deadlines are there although extension of time has been granted by the relevant authorities.

Today I am very happy. I ordered vegetables from the TTDI market via Grabmart.


At first I thought of walking to Aeon (a chance to get out of the house!) but I decided against it because I can't be sure if I could get the vegetables I wanted. With Grabmart I can see what is available and make my selection.

I also thought of asking my lahling to go buy for me.  In fact yesterday I asked him to help buy my favorite coffee.


When he was at Jaya Grocer I got a whatsapp message from him.


And then a phone call shortly after. "Where is your coffee? I can't see your coffee. Their coffee section very small lah." After a short pause "I saw it! I saw it! OK. OK".

Can you see my coffee?


With that, I conclude that Grabmart is a better bet wahahaha!!!


My order arrived in about 30 minutes.


I didn't expect 3 heads of broccoli but it's OK since I love broccoli. It is quite hard to get cauliflower from the supermarket and I happily grated the cauliflower and cooked cauliflower pineapple fried rice.


I also roasted some chicken wings.


Yesterday afternoon I went upstairs and saw this.


Somebody "pengsan".


Fatty didn't even notice me.


hee..hee..hee... 


This morning she played with the chair leg.


Sometimes she goes into a scratching and kicking frenzy.


Could be good exercise for her.


She likes to walk towards me and then flop down on the floor like this. Maybe it's her way of telling me she wants attention. 


This is a photo of her taken last year when she was slimmer, playing with daddy's slippers.


Oh, I found some more food photos heh..heh...


Bak Kut Teh!


Chicken Karaage bento.



Vegetarian dish I had during one of my Friday date nites with my lahling.



Sweet and sour fish at the same dinner.



This was lunch with my brother at Rakuzen before the Chinese New Year.



Till tomorrow adios muchachos!

26 comments:

  1. Last night i did quite a lot of houseworks at home. Fold my laundry clothes, sweep the floor, wash the bowls and plates. At home more busy and stressed for me. No lack of things to do. Cats are such interesting and fun animals. Chicken wings anytime for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I am very busy at home. But it is good, otherwise it would be so boring.

      Delete
  2. Not buying cauliflower, it will turn black and not buying broccoli this time around either - it will turn yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I dislike about cauliflower. I had to cook it immediately to avoid spoilage.

      Delete
  3. Haha. I am not coffee drinker. So I would not know what brand and how the bottle looks like.

    I havent try online shopping for vegetables and fruits. We have those services but I didnt order.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe one day you can try and see if it is suitable. I am quite satisfied so far.

      Delete
  4. wah, so nice to be living close to ttdi market until got grabmart services. Love all your meals but not the cooking la, only the eating part, hehehehe. So does your partner eat the same food - the cauliflower ala rice?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cauliflower rice is spicy with a lot of chili, so you can guess. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Girl girl is so very cute, sleeping with her feet on the stairs railing. so menguit hati lah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her feet so cute, right? I couldn't tahan, that's why I took a snapshot of it. LOL!

      Delete
  6. Great that you found Grabmart...and arrival within 30 mins sure beats the heck out of queuing up at supermarkets. I recently found a wet market in an another neighbourhood just 5 mins away by car...and, best of all, this market is devoid of crowd (no queue whatsoever). I can get fresh chicken, fish & vegetables...there's even a dry goods supplier. I can whisk in and out of the place in less than ten minutes and I don't have to buy in bulk like before since it's so easy (I went there two days in a row, yesterday (for myself) and today (to get stuff for my sister-in-law). Like that can go few times a week even since it's super fast.

    I think your cat is very young since he's so playful (Cookie used to play with the chair's leg too when he was younger). Plonking themselves right in front of you I think is their way of saying I'm ready for some affection, patting & rubbing. That photo of Ah Girl last year looking slimmer is much better. Cats eat everything and anything we put in front of them (the word 'diet' doesn't exist in their vocabulary). We have to be the ones to ration their food portions for their well-being. My cat ate up most of my chicken in my chicken hor fun today, so I was more like having hor fun only with some prawns....haha! ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very satisfied with the Grabmart service and the quality of the vegetables/fish/chicken. So convenient for me and I won't need to go to Section 17 market for chicken. It's great that you have another wet market so near you.

      Yes, my cat is young. I remember I first met her in 2019 when she was transitioning from kitten to adult. My partner suspects that she could be getting food from elsewhere (perhaps a neighbor might be giving her food and the greedy girl accepted) that's why she is so fat. Ah, my girl is just like your Cookie, she cannot resist chicken!

      Delete
    2. That's one of the reasons why we need to put a collar on our cats...to indicate that she's already taken aka belongs to someone already. Otherwise the poor neighbour would be feeding her thinking she's a stray (and maybe adopting her)...only to find out that she's two-timing her...wuahahahaha! :D

      Delete
  7. ooo, there are convenience stores in my mart delivery area, but i haven't seen any selling fresh produce yet. i've ordered instant noodles when i need my maggi fix, but i'd like to be able to order some eggs to go with them! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had instant noodles in ages!

      Delete
  8. I also bought cauliflower when I saw my friend posted cauliflower fried rice the other day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Come, come, show your cauliflower fried rice. LOL!

      Delete
  9. What TTDI market??

    What GrabMart??

    Like that also this aunty so happy!! You should use GrabTM and I would happy to send all your sayur & babi to your place. Add RM2.00 I can clean your cat's litter and play with Ah Girl for 2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course lah happy. I am sure the GrabTM service I cannot afford. LOL!

      Delete
  10. Wah, got someone offer delivery services and cat's poo cleaning services wor….not bad eh, TM! Can I subscribe to tht service too? I want babi 0.5 kg coz so long I didn't eat babi!
    Ur ah girl getting fatter each day macam pregnant....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TM is very funny. Let's see if kittens come out by next month. LOL!

      Delete
  11. Oh, coincidentally, I posted about my vegetables delivered to the house too! I still have not finished eating them, I still have some leftover rice, maybe I grate the cauliflower to fry with the rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read that! Very cheap lah in Ipoh.

      Delete