Friday 3 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #17 (Masala Chicken Fry)


It has been 17 days already cooped up in the house. Do you miss your office? 

I don't. You know what I miss? Starling Mall. wahahaha!! And the food court. And MBO Cinema. I was looking forwards to A Quite Place Part 2 and just as well that the release of this movie was postponed in view of the Covid 19 situation.

Well it sure is quiet.


Except last night when my girl went berserk and wanted to go out again. Nope! Mommy refused to let her out and she was whining away until she got tired.

At 3:00am this morning she started again. Gah! So I opened my bedroom door and let her in. Her standard operating procedure was to scratch my bed. scratch...scratch...scratch.... 

Then she jumped on the bed where I was hoping she would settle down. But no. She went MEEE...AUUUWWWW...MEEE....AUUUWWWW...AUUWWW....AUUWW......YAAWWWW.... That's not something you want to hear at 3:00am.


I couldn't stand it so I got up and carried her downstairs. Then she was booted out of the house. You must be wondering why I carried her. Well it is very difficult to walk down the stairs with her. She keeps going for my feet where she rubs here face and sometimes licks my toes. 

It's adorable but I was in no mood at such an ungodly hour.


Yesterday I watched a Youtube video on Indian cooking. Since I had leftover masala that I made on day #6, I decided to cook this Masala Chicken Fry today (although this recipe only calls for coriander powder and garam masala).


My masala chicken did not look beautiful like the one in the video. The taste was not bad though, much better than the dish I cooked on day #6.


I reheated some rice and fried the last of my cabbage. This lunch was so good!


My fatty bom bom came into the dining room hoping that I would share some chicken with her.


Cannot lah! Got chili!


Not happy.


This morning I inspected my fridge. I took out a container of shallots (which I kept in the fridge to extend the shelf life) which I bought pre-MCO and in spite of the cold, they sprouted and grew roots.


These are perfect candidates for planting spring onions. I will leave them at room temperature for a day or two before planting.

My lahling told me he wanted to go to Aeon today instead of Sunday. So after the stock take, I came up with a grocery list. A short one, just essentials so that it is less stressful on him.


The actual list would have looked like this :

1. Kale
2. Spring Onions
3. Coriander
4. Romaine lettuce
5. Italian parsley
6. Tomatoes
7. Brown button mushrooms
8. Cabbage
9. Cucumber
10. Alfalfa sprouts
11. Capsicum - red, green and yellow
12. Potatoes
13. Mission wraps
14. Buttermilk
15. Yeast
16. Meehoon
17. Eggs
18. Rice vinegar

But no lah. Cannot cannot. Sure stress up punya.


Earlier today, fatty bom bom came back inside for her morning feed and as usual chilled out on the sofa while I browsed the news.


As long as I am in the same room with her, she is OK.


Once she is fast asleep, I can sneak away. Or else she would start whining and come looking for me. Very annoying.


Haiz... Mommy sayang!

32 comments:

  1. I don't miss my office at all but I miss my boxing and gym so badly. I want to punch the walls so badly.

    I will start planting spring onions too after watching the videos. So easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya lor..your muay thai training have to put on hold.

      After watching the video, you can cook masala chicken, not plant spring onions. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Me either, I don't miss... but surely will miss Netflix and blogging badly if there is no Internet at home! So the part 2 of Quiet Place is showing now? I have watched the part one... the ending left me "huh..that's it?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Internet so important! When there is thunder and lighting, I faster switch off and unplug. Scared kena hit. The part 2 not showing yet. Postponed.

      Delete
  3. haha, so funny when ur cat sulks! from 18 items shrink to 6 items in ur grocery list, that's an 'achievement'! lolx!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Biz daha çalışıyoruz. Yeni yemekler hazırlamayı bende çok seviyorum:) Kedi çok tatlı...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kedimi seviyorum! Umarım olduğun yerde iyi yapıyorsun.

      Delete
  5. Wah, you take the effort to make spicy dishes got to do lots of peeling, chopping & pounding.
    I just cook one main dish and eat for two meals. I am trying to adjust to being housebound... first it's washing hands now it's house arrest haa haa..

    I prefer to make one basic sambal and use it for multiple dishes
    https://youtu.be/T2hwkkUbves


    Are cats nocturnal or diurnal
    https://miauland.com/are-cats-nocturnal-or-diurnal/

    Some hopeful news

    80% Malaysian corona virus patients have no or mild symptoms
    https://malaysia.news.yahoo.com/health-d-g-80pc-malaysia-095429282.html

    How to understand and report covid deaths
    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/how-to-understand-and-report-figures-for-covid-19-deaths-

    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/dont-be-deceived-by-covid-stats-we-know-a-lot-less-than-the-numbers-suggest

    I was bored and decided to re watch Japanese anime and some movie scenes on youtube

    The cat returns
    https://kissanime.nz/Anime/The-Cat-Returns-Dub.90672/Movie?id=85026&s=ptserver

    Mr Bean dance
    https://youtu.be/jUVxZcbk7pI

    White chicks a thousand miles
    https://youtu.be/-RNG_tTXXcg

    ant man & wasp house arrest
    https://youtu.be/NtUMnzvAWVM

    bumblebee ending scene
    https://youtu.be/t4RPZIDfjCI

    sonic the hedgehog robotnik dance
    https://youtu.be/385FUr2BWxQ

    shazam don't stop me now
    https://youtu.be/_7i0u2hBo04

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I have more time now, why not hah..hah... But now I just order in. Got tired.

      Delete
  6. I love reading your writing about Girl Girl. So loving. Love the photo of her sitting with her front legs folded inwards. Like a loaf of bread.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pose I read is known as The Loaf. LOL!

      Delete
  7. U just write the shopping list without details like what kind of potatoes, what brand of mee hoon.... Boleh beli ngam punya ah? As usual love the food you eat except if it is very spicy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't specify to make it easier for him. He got all the things although the beehoon and potatoes are not the type that I usually buy.

      Delete
  8. Your cat has become clingy like mine. As long as I'm in the room, he's ok too. As soon as I get up, he'll follow me throughout the house. If I want some 'me' time, I'll lock him out of my bedroom but now he has 'learned' to get use to it and will sit quietly outside my door for me to come out. And there's no sneaking away when he's asleep...he knows and wakes up immediately. It's very difficult to walk with a cat by the side as they tend to walk across your feet. Meowing on top of her lungs at 3 am is a definite no no...but letting her out at that time can be even more dangerous. When it's dark outside (night time and early mornings), cats are most vulnerable as cars can't see them (I heard most cats get run over at these hours). If you have a spare room, you could consider putting her in there so that she don't disturb you. I put Cookie in his cage at night so that he don't make a nuisance of himself all over the house (when we're asleep) and he has learned to accept it...in fact he's able to sleep soundly in it. Cats are a creature of habit. Set a routine and once they get used to one, they adapt very well to it. Give it a try...good luck! ;) P/S: I've been waiting for A Quiet Place 2 too...the first one was so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Cookie is like that too, then I can safely say that this is normal cat behavior. My cat behaves herself most times and does not make a fuss in the evenings (it was bad in the early days). I get up in the morning to find her sitting outside my door and I find that so endearing. I am trying to set up the spare room to make it comfy for her. I have put her in her cage before and what breaks my heart is that she goes in so willingly but starts to make noise and claw at the door after I latch it. I feel sorry for confining her and my partner was not in favor of locking her up. So I allow her to roam freely in the house as she does not cause any "damage". It was just this one time of her whining that got to me. Must be more patient! hee..hee..

      Ah! You like A Quiet Place too! I find the movie so riveting and I had never been so kan cheong in the cinema. Hope to catch the part 2 when it is released.

      Delete
  9. I don't miss my office at all. I can work from home forever because I hate the traffic jam commuting to the office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be ideal since your work can be done from home. For me, I find it hard to separate home (relaxing) and office (discipline and stress) so I can't work from home.

      Delete
  10. I miss going out for my foodie hunt with my friends. Other than that, I am okay with staying at home. Yes, internet very important to me. If without internet, I will surely be so bored. Last 2 evenings, there were heavy thunderstorm. I too quickly shut down my computer. Afraid it will get struck by lightning. Your Girl very cute. She knows you manja her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure you do! We just have to tahan a bit and once MCO is over, can go put makan-makan. It seems to rain with thunderstorms lately.

      Delete
  11. Sometimes at home even more busy, got houseworks to do, got the internet and korean drama to chase, the eating, the cooking and the washing. I don't miss my office at all too, i miss my ktv session with my friend and the makan session (dining out), from tuesda 7 april no more dining out at eateries in sg, only can dabao. Only essential services available.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so true! Hope you are coping well with the partial lockdown.

      Delete
  12. So cute lah your ah girl.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your gi is so cute. Luckily it wasnt a long list, your darling will sure stress go shopping. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I don't think he can cope if I gave him the long list >.<

      Delete
  14. I'm not an Indian food fan but now you make me crave for curry, especially mutton curry :(

    ReplyDelete
  15. I miss my Office, going out to shops, walking...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss all that except the office part LOL!

      Delete
  16. Honestly, I'm quite happy at home. Just incredibly grateful that I have a comfortable place to be an enough funds to buy food and necessities. Many are not as fortunate at the moment. The Yum List

    ReplyDelete