Saturday 25 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #39 (Boring Lunch)


Today's lunch is a little lackluster. Sure there is a bunch of siew yoke but what, accompanied by leftover broccoli and pineapple?

It could have been a lot more exciting as a salad (I don't have any other vegetables in the fridge) or pasta (too lazy to boil the pasta) or something else (siew yoke fried rice? ah! too much work).


The siew yoke was from TNR, ordered yesterday together with char siew


I did not even heat it up, just took it out of the fridge an hour before eating.


The broccoli was extras from yesterday. 


So was the pineapple.


I squeezed the juice of two limau kasturi to stretch the chili dip. It tasted nicer too.


The siew yoke was yums with pineapple.


Not so with broccoli.


The income tax officer was fast asleep. No wonder I wasn't harassed.


Sleep until tergolek into the doorway.


She must be very tired. See that big yawn?


I hope to eat something more exciting tomorrow.

18 comments:

  1. I can't believe you say your meal is boring. If like that, then my meals every day lagi boring lah. I also ate pineapple today. Yes the pineapple will bring out the taste of siew yuk. I have not eaten broccoli for many days now, not since stay-at-home started. Did you cut the pineapple yourself after buying one whole pineapple? I bought a charity fruit box recently and needed to cut the pineapples - hahahah, so much work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cut the pineapple myself because the ready cut ones were not available. It is very tedious especially removing the "eyes".

      Delete
  2. Ah, so sweet to see Girl Girl sleeping peacefully. Guess she thinks your lunch is boring too, that's why the smell of your lunch did not wake her up to want to try it. So what are you going to eat for dinner afterwards?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I could have that siew yoke, I would be so so so happy already!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The siew yoke was the highlight and it was good hee..hee..

      Delete
  4. Miss having siew yoke. I like your humour, calling your ah girl the income tax officer lol. I love looking at cats sleep, they look so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's because she will always some to tax my food hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. I would have blended the broccoli and pineapple in the juicer with cold milk! Add honey and bingo! So refreshing la!

    Now you reminded me to make more fruity juices with muesli as replacement meals during this MCO. Either drink for lunch or dinner 4 times a week will shed off 2 kilos. Try it and you can wear cheongsam again!

    Cats sleep whole day everywhere in the house or on the streets. What a good life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eyaks!! Broccoli+pineapple+milk! I can only drink just the pineapple juice.

      I love muesli but not with fruity juices. I like with almond milk or overnight oats.

      Delete
  6. I don't mind eating your boring lunch. I too want to eat siew yoke but must finish the food in my fridge first. I was feeling sleepy like your Girl, have been taking afternoon naps these few days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying to clear my fridge of old stock. I am actually feeling sleepy right now. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Siew yoke is not boring meal at all.... i would cook some rice to go with it...yumzzxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The siew yoke itself was not boring - just the broccoli and pineapple. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Time time PKP ni, apa saja dlm fridge, bedal je LL hihi... Makan mcm ni pagi petang, siang mlm, sebulan harus turun 10 kilo ni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tapi tak turun lah, Hainom. Makin naik plak. hah..hah...

      Delete
  9. Cold Siew Yoke? I cannot lah >_<

    ReplyDelete