Monday 20 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #34 (Sambal Belacan Nyum! Nyum!)


Anybody loves sambal belacan? With sambal belacan, fried fish and vegetables, I can eat two plates of rice. That was in the past lah, now I limit my intake of rice (except during my cheat days).

This is today's makan. Sambal belacan, fried tempeh, vegetables and fried fish.


I failed again with fried fish. Not consistent.


Fish #1 was decapitated and lost its skin. Fish #2 fared better. I think I did not wait for the oil to become hot enough. Very impatient.


French beans and the last bit of my cabbage. After this I don't want to see cabbage again.


I was so rajin, I deep fried some tempeh. 


I meant to make sambal tempeh with ikan bilis and potatoes but that was too much work. Next time lah.


Before I started cooking, I made the sambal belacan first, pounded by hand using my trusty mortar and pestle. 


Fatty relaxing outside, maybe waiting for her boyfriend to show up.

Today I embarked on a minor redecorating in my living room. Before the Chinese New Year, I sort of revamped the placement of racks, dining table and furniture in the kitchen, dining and living room. It made a world of difference, I felt "lighter".

Fatty was a little confused.
In fact a few weeks before the MCO, I thought of swapping the placing of the two seater and three seater sofa. It was motivated by my cat because she was now more in favor of the two seater. But I did not have the time.

So today, I did what I set out to do and at the same time, I had the cushion covers washed. They were already washed before Chinese New Year and thanks to my cat, I had to do it again.


My cat got a little anxious seeing the furniture all over the place. Meow!


A little later in the afternoon, she demanded for food.


Eh, I already gave you a snack just now! She gave me that muka masam look.


Then she turned on the charm. How can I resist that face.


She is very persistent, so I gave her a very small amount of kibble, just enough to satisfy her need for some munchies. Once she was happy, she asked to go outside. Bye!


Her Ah Boy did not show up but I caught sight of him a little later, sneaking around in my garden.


This is one of the things my cat likes to do. Instead of scratching the sofa, she decides to scratch my heel. Ouch! Pain ah!


Eh, what is this? Mommy's feet smell nice like fish is it? 


Tomorrow, I don't want to cook. Hmm...what shall I order?

23 comments:

  1. Apuuuu!!! So kasar! I tumbuk until all the seeds are gone, all curshed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know of your fine handiwork in the kitchen. Kalah all the ladies! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Maybe a cat scratching post might be useful for cats

    https://www.hillspet.com/cat-care/resources/easy-diy-cat-scratching-post-ideas

    https://www.bybrittanygoldwyn.com/how-to-make-a-cat-scratching-post/

    https://catademy.com/best-cat-scratch-post/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since my sofa already koyak, never mind lah. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Sambal belacan - is it spicy? So your partner ate the fish and vege and rice and tempeh without the sambal belacan? I would eat just a bit if it is not too spicy. Good meal! Tasty fish! What fish is that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very hot! The man would not go near chilies. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Love your Girl Girl photos! Thanks! She really looks confused when you moved the furniture about. I got scratched on my heel by myBoi2 and it took 2 weeks to heal so now I am very scared. You very brave, not scared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Boi2? You have a cat?

      Delete
    2. Yes, I do. hahahaha! he is still a kitten, someone rescued him from a padang and gave him to me when he was just 7 to 8 weeks of age.

      Delete
    3. Oh! How delightful! Please show Boi2. I want to see him!

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, you 'murdered' the fish by decapitating its head and skinning it! O_o For some reason, I don't fancy raw sambal...like the cooked ones better. I also don't eat tempeh at all. Is that the last bit of the expensive cabbage your partner bought? I had (as in bought) kobis masak lemak today. ^_*

    I think all cats are fixated on our legs. They will sneak attack and scratch it. That's why I'm very careful when I walk pass my cat. I can't stand their scratch as it can be very painful coz their claws are sharp. Try not to encourage this behaviour, otherwise it becomes a routine. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... headless fish >.< No, that expensive cabbage finished long time ago. This one was from the online order.

      My cat likes to go for my feet when we go down the stairs together. I am sure you experience that with Cookie. Then she rubs her face on my feet. So difficult to walk and sometimes I'm scared I might trip!

      Delete
  6. Tmr can order food delivery. Just ordered bkt from foodpanda just now, scheduled to be delivered by 9pm on tuesday. Since i encountered one failed delivery before so i must be psychologically prepared that my order may not turn up, if not i will feel so disappointed and angry. How can anyone resist your ah girl with that look. Lolx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your BKT arrives safely and you will have an enjoyable dinner. I cannot tahan her cute look. LOL!

      Delete
  7. My heart melted to see ah girl charming look....did ah girl tax on the fish?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love to eat raw sambals and those variations that pounded tomatoes, fruits and fermented seafood inside. I think the Thais and Kelantanese are good in that. I didn't know how to eat tempeh until I got brainwashed by your earlier posts last year! That's how influential you are Ah Hong Chee!

    I suspect that your cat Ah Girl is pregnant from its tummy size and occasional flirting with all the Ah Boys outside! Better ask an obstetrician to check for the good news. We rejoice for you to become a grandmother soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the sambals you described too. Good to know that you now eat tempeh. It is one of my favorites!

      If she is pregnant, by end of June we should see kittens in my blog. LOL!

      Delete
  9. This meal looks very appetizing! With sambal belacan, I will surely have more rice than the usual portion.

    ReplyDelete
  10. LL this meow bukan yg selalu dtg rumah u dulu dulu ke? Or mmg u punya meow ?
    I kalau suruh tumbuk sambal, sanggup lagi I tak makan hahhaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, yang tu lah. Dah jadi anak angkat LL hah..hah... Tak payah tumbuk sambal, Hainom. Blenderkan aje!

      Delete