Thursday 23 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #37 (Pasta Kerabu)


I am waiting with bated breath for the government announcement on whether the Movement Control Order (MCO) would be lifted as scheduled. The 3rd phase of the MCO is supposed to end 28-04-2020.

I admit that I enjoyed staying at home since day one until today (day #37) and I would not complain if the MCO were to be extended to phase 4.

However, my anxiety is finance/statutory compliance related as I have bills to pay and statutory filings to complete. Ah! Take a deep breath and take a day at a time. No point worrying as it does not help.


Today I made Pasta Kerabu for lunch. I still had some leftover sambal belacan and I just added pounded dried prawns to it to make the dressing for the kerabu. Oh! It was so good heh..heh...

The fresh herbs - mint, basil and daun kesum made the kerabu so fragrant and the aroma itself, stimulated my appetite!

Now that I am at home for many days, I had the opportunity to observe my cat's behavior. In particular how she reacts to being kept inside in the evenings.

Sure, she still whines and meows and yowls loudly every time I deny her wish to go outside. I just tell her "NO!" and ignore her hah..hah...


Then she makes her way upstairs. I don't know why upstairs. She seems to seek solace there.


Once upstairs, she settles down but an hour of two later, she will call out to me.


She will stick her head out the railings like this.


Then she goes back upstairs and stays quiet for the duration of the night. 

I have been sleeping downstairs and I noted that she comes down in the early hours of morning around 4:00am. That's about the time that I usually wake up.

She would meow and come to my sofa. I pick her up and put her on my chest and give her an ear massage or a scratch on her head or under her chin. That's when I can feel her whole body vibrating and she purrs like a motor hah..hah... It's a very nice feeling. I love my cat!


This morning she climbed into a flower pot.


Why ah, Girl?


I thought I saw her smelling/eating the weeds.


Yesterday, I ate too many donuts. There were 12 and I ate 11 (!!!). The last one I just couldn't stomach it because the chocolate did not taste good. So I threw it away.


Unfortunately, the donuts were not fresh (therefore not fluffy), unlike the ones I had with the Dahmakan meal on Day#31. No more donuts for me for the next 6 months.

26 comments:

  1. Pasta kerabu sounds interesting! I've had kerabu bihun or Thai bihun salad, never pasta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basically I just substitute the bihun for angel hair pasta.

      Delete
  2. Wow. How and why you ate so many donuts?? I think the most I could eat would be 2. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just had a craving so I satisfied it until jelak. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Oh no! I thought you would eat one donut a day like me. I think you could not eat the last one because 11 donuts at one go is just too much for your stomach to handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have the discipline like you. I can eat a lot! The last one did not taste good or else I can eat. LOL!

      Delete
  4. So adorable la, the way Girl Girl look at you from the stairs. I gave up taking photos because all one colour, all dark dark, cannot see anything due to his colour. lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is quite naughty because the moment she sees the phone, she will turn her head. So for 2 or 3 good photos, I have to snap like 20-30.

      Delete
  5. Love your pasta kerabu but suspect that it may be too hot and spicy for my tummy to handle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since you have customers obligations to fulfill and you could not work from home, perhaps you could apply to start work from the government.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The conditions are too stringent and compliance cost does not justify opening the office. I will just hang on tight till the MCO is lifted. I suspect that would be after Hari Raya.

      Delete
  7. Your east-meets-west fusion dish of pasta kerabu looks very appetising though I'm not fond of the fresh herbs you mention...hehe! ;)

    I'm glad you're standing your ground and using your "No" to good effect. It's always safer for Girl to stay indoors at night. What's a little whining, right? Cats love to be on the high ground to look down on us (not literally lah)...kekeke! :D You probably saw right...nothing weird about cats eating grass...they do that to purge their stomach of any unwanted stuff (like fur). I've seen the eaten grass come out the other end of my cat. There was once he couldn't defecate it out and it got stuck in his butt hole, I had to pull it out for him. That's what a mommy is for! ;D

    As for the freshness of the doughnuts, I'm surprised that ordering directly from the 'maker' is not as good as the ones from dahmakan (as I would assume dahmakan probably gets their stock much earlier so that they can be delivered with their meals). Well, one way of not wanting to eat something again is to eat too much of it at one time till you're sick of it. There was a time I tapau CKT from a stall and the portion was so big that I got "jelat" and never want to eat it again. P/S: No need to wait with bated breath anymore...extended for another 2 weeks! >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you mentioning that you dislike Vietnamese basil. So this kerabu is not for you hee..hee..

      Eeeww!!! So geli hah..hah... I have a lot to learn about cats.

      I think Dahmakan gets it super fresh from Krispy Kreme whereas sales could be slow at the outlet, hence the not-so-fresh donuts.

      Delete
  8. Your Ah Girl is cute and photogenic! You should make a photo book of her and mummy.
    That's the same grass that all cats try to hunt and eat to help the trapped fur balls. My sister actually planted a huge plant box and her cats ate them like salad. If you often walk in the parks, you can observe the stray cats eating the similar weed.

    I know which donut that Ah Hong Chee disliked. It's the Bavarian with custard filling. I don't believe that you will not eat for 6 months! Now the MCO is extended and you will order a new dozen in 6 days. Muahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought she was cute too hee..hee.. Since she needs the grass to pang sai, then I should leave it in the flower pot.

      No, I like the Bavarian with custard filling. The one I did not eat had chocolate filling. It was clumpy and blueks! You might be right about the next order of donuts wahahahaha!!!

      Delete
  9. my first choice is still krispy kreme honey glaze donuts!!! i can eat donuts non-stop but i don't tink i can stomach until 11 pieces coz the topping cream will make me feel jelak. Ur cat seems like got a routine already...So did ah girl eat the weeds? The weeds so tasty meh?! lolx! The pasta kerabu is so colorful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked like she ate the weed LOL! I learnt that they eat weed to help with their digestive system. So clever!

      Delete
  10. I like the photo of your ah girl looking from the staircase, so cute lah. I have been eating a lot of pasta recently. Good suggestion from tm to keep a book of your girl's photos and progress, it will be fond memory for you when you look back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh..heh...I thought she looked cute too!

      Delete
  11. 11 donuts at one go! I cannot do that even though i am a big eater.

    ReplyDelete
  12. MCO is extended as expected and I'm actually quite used to my life now :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I am actually enjoying it. Will sure get depressed when it's time to go back to work. LOL!

      Delete
  13. A few restaurants have been doing this with pasta lately. I love the fresh flavours. Monica - The Yum List

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I see! That's nice and like you, I cannot resist the fresh flavors.

      Delete