Friday 17 April 2020

Covid-19 MCO : Day #31 (No Water!)


This morning when I went to the kitchen, I discovered that the tap was dry. Water cut! Cilaka

Somehow, via God's mysterious ways, I pre-ordered lunch from Dahmakan on Wednesday for today. No water. No cooking. Great.

I ordered this.

This Baked Chicken Ala King Rice seems popular and is usually sold out if you don't order early. I was keen to see what the hoo hah was about.


I know this is not good for me but I love the Krispy Kreme glazed doughnuts. I have been very good this whole week (and last week) and did not eat anything naughty. Eh, betul ke? Yes, I checked.


The Dahmakan rider today was good. He found my house and followed my instructions on where to place the food.


Baked till brown.


It is basically plain rice with 3 big chunks of chicken topped with white sauce, a lasagna sheet and cheese and baked. I am afraid flavor wise it was a bit bland and the chicken had a  (not so fresh) smell.

I don't know why so many people like this. I think generally they love the cheesy stuff. Anything with cheese is sedap giler.


Ah! This one to me is sedap giler. The doughnuts were fresh and fluffeh! I don't care much about the glaze, I could do without it.


Last night this girl naik angin again.


At 7pm+, 8pm+ and 9pm+ plus she wanted to go out. So I let her. Fed up mode on. Now I understand why some parents let their kids get away with murder. You just want peace, right? 

At 10pm+ as I was about to call it a night, I heard her meowing wanting to come in. So I let her in and went straight upstairs. Anymore whining, tak layan!


This morning she scratched the sofa. Yawn. I am used to it already.


Let me show you the damage.


Haiz....


I never thought I would put up with this sort of thing but look at me now. 

Late afternoon still no water. Bah! So eat burger lah.


From my favorite burger place (which I have never visited).


Bait & Switch, a chicken burger with budu mayo. So sedap I tell you!


I love it when I find garlic cloves among the fries.


As usual.


No peace.


I let her smell the fries and she backed off. heh..heh...naughty Mommy.


Later upstairs I went to sayang sayang her.



She licked my fingers (maybe still got burger smell) and I felt so loved.


I hope the water supply comes back soon.

26 comments:

  1. Yes, I saw people grumbling online, some did get the sms, others were not pre-informed. Terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How to wash and wash and wash like this? Wash hands must be for 20 seconds!

      Delete
    2. Luckily the water supply resumed later in the day or else it would be awful!

      Delete
  2. Very troublesome if there is a water cut. But it is also a good excuse not to cook. You don't mind the cat scratching the sofa because you have grown to love her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have become so accepting of my cat destroying my sofa and dirtying my floor. Haiz...LOL!

      Delete
  3. You really sayang girl girl. She is so blessed to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haizzzzz, so troublesome with no water, right? But your house should have tangki water so you could still wash your hands.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the bathroom tap supply comes from the tangki.

      Delete
  5. Aiyo, now I wanna eat donuts! Monkey see monkey want, in my case, hehehehe. lolx!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy lah! Let me guess, you will buy 1 dozen, keep in the fridge and eat one per day. LOL!

      Delete
    2. only got dunkin donuts but i want krispy kreme, hahahaha!

      Delete
  6. As if it can't get any worse...got water cut pulak during MCO (I experienced that once too)! >_< The sight of your sofa is frightening. I got Cookie a scratching post when he was young (maybe you can try that) but I've since thrown that away as it was worn out already. He did try scratching elsewhere for a little while but got a tongue lashing when he did and now he doesn't do it anymore. Like I said before, you need to treat your cat like your kid. They need some ground rules and can be scolded or be given a 'time out' if they're naughty. They can also be taught to understand some words...one Cookie totally understands is 'NO'. The other is 'chicken' (his favourite food)! :D Wow, I can see that your girl is very vocal when it comes to food. Cookie would just sit and look up and wait for handouts...silently. I wonder if your girl wants to go out all the time because she's female and want to cari boyfriend..haha...(especially during mating season). Cookie doesn't ask to be let out, he goes out only when I open the door. P/S: Cats are opportunists, when they're offered a finger to the mouth, they immediately think there's food involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your Cookie is well disciplined and that's because you had him when he was still a kitten. Easier to train when they are young and have not developed bad habits. My girl is a bit old and she sort of ignores my attempts to tell her off but I am trying. When it comes to food, she will even raise herself up to my lap and try to paw my food! Ah, speaking of boyfriend, I caught her having a date with the macho cat. I'm posting that today.

      Delete
  7. I can imagine how troublesome it is without water, what's more during this mco period when one is always at home and have to cook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Luckily supply was restored later in the day. I ended up eating sandwich.

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. It's delicious. They put coriander leaves and lime juice.

      Delete
  9. cats like fish, right - and the budu in the burger is fermented fish sauce - maybe you could try making budu at home and seeing if it's something she loves! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I bet she would love it but budu is too salty for her.

      Delete
  10. So, no cooking yesterday?? When water was back??

    Syiok, makan Western food. Haha.

    Cats, they love to scratch. Sharpen their nails, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No cooking. Evening time I had sandwich.

      Delete
  11. You really frightened me about water supply cut. I was worried my area would be next cos we share the same main pipes. Maybe you forgot to pay water bills izzit??? Tsk!

    I want to eat donut how. My mulut is gatal and hungry. Will they deliver just 2 donuts order??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No lah! hah..hah...

      Dahmakan has a side order of 2 donuts but I think got minimum order or else they charge a fee.

      Delete
  12. I read about the watercut..but luckily my area not affected...phew...now i feel like wanting to eat donuts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh..heh.. I am like that, see what other people eat and then wanna eat also!

      Delete