Wednesday 3 July 2024

Mixed Pork Soup

I was supposed to do an OMAD but my stomach had other ideas.

So I had to go out at almost 2:00pm to break my fast. One of the places that I rely on for food is Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles for their mixed pork soup which comes without noodles.


I haven't been here for a while. So the first sip of soup tasted so good.


Actually liver (and other organ meats) contain some carbs since glucose that is not used for energy is shuttled to the liver to be stored as glycogen. And any excess that cannot be taken up by the liver goes directly to fat cells.


The online ordering system was not working that day, so I ordered manually and forgot to tell the server that I did not want meatballs. I did not drink all the soup because I understand that restaurants add sugar to their broths. 

After my meal, as usual, I take a walk at The Starling (to burn up any glucose in my blood hah..hah...).


That's when I discovered that Teo Chew Lor has shut down.


To be replaced by Ke Ren Lai. This reminded me of song that goes like this "ke ren lai, khan papa, papa poo hoay chia ..." and I forget the rest. That's why I failed Mandarin class.


Up at the food court, the place vacated by Sambal Inc. has been renovated to accommodate three new stalls.


Ipoh Hor Fun, ThisThai and one with completely Chinese name.


Ooohh... Thai Braised Pork Leg! Hmmm... must check this out one day.


This is from the stall with Chinese name which I can't read (yup, failed Mandarin class tsk..tsk...)


I managed to snap only the hor fun menu from the Ipoh Hor Fun stall. I guess these will be saved for my naughty days, eh? hee..hee..

10 comments:

  1. lol, that ke ren lai song was the first few songs that i learnt in my early years and even sung that for competition. That time I haven't even learn how to read/write!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah.. that was pretty much a song most kids learnt at that time.

      Delete
  2. The third stall with Chinese wordings serves food from China/the Mainland. I would patronise the Ipoh hor fun and Thai food stall and not the China stall if for me to choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! China food is not ngam my taste.

      Delete
  3. My man just have sang nyuk mee not long ago. He quite like it but I am ok, not that crazy about sang nyuk mee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hoay is not mandarin so I believe you about your mandarin ๐Ÿ˜‚
    Thank you for the update about starling mall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You must have been reading too many of my "restrictive diet" posts and got "scared away" by the use of msg & sugar in broths (even worse in sauces)...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Ipoh Hor Fun looks legit, with a layer of that distinctive prawn oil on top.

    ReplyDelete