Wednesday 17 July 2024

Hungry

Today I was super hungry. The type of hungry that says "I have to eat NOW!".

I wondered why I was so hungry. Yesterday I had 4 hardboiled eggs for lunch (bought from chap fan stall). And then dinner I had leftover beef trimmings, lamb broth and kimchi.

I didn't take a picture of my dinner but it looked something like this.


Since I was so hungry, I had to eat first before visiting my mum.


On the way to eat, I passed by this talking tree.


It belongs to Jungle Gym and the tree's job is to spout propaganda advertisement for this outlet.  


Then I spotted a sign (which was not there before) attached to the tree. Apparently there were itchy fingers or some joker trying to climb the tree, hence the warning. 


So you know where I went to satisfy my ravenous tummy.


The coffee is a must.


The server had a cynical/amused smile on his face when he served me this humongous plate of food.


He is obviously not familiar with me.


All done and good. After I paid for my meal, I headed to Restoran 1111 Bee Fatt to tapau lunch for mum. Then to KK Mart to buy newspapers. 

As I walked to DJ, I imagined the glucose in my blood being expended as energy to fuel my walk. This morning I went sprinting, so my glycogen stores would have been somewhat depleted and any extra glucose would be shuttled to replenish the glycogen stores. Hopefully none or very little if at all goes into fat cells as storage. That's my theory lah hah..hah...


This morning's sprint took only 10 minutes for 5 sprints. I felt really good after that. I do wish that I was encouraged to take part in track & field when I was in school. Ah, well. I can do it now at 56 hah..hah..hah...

***Kittie Updates***


Well, Poodie was let out of the cage yesterday (5 days after surgery) because she was almost turning the cage upside down from frustration.

I took a look at her abdomen and I was very pleased that the incision appeared to have sealed up with no appearance of any infection or inflammation. She is doing very well.


This morning TuTu did not come home. In fact last evening she came home just for a short while (did not eat) and left.


I suspect TuTu might have been "kidnapped" because she is so cute and adorable.


I hope I am wrong. But if she is really taken, I hope she found a good home. I will miss her. But I hope that she comes home. 

18 comments:

  1. I was from the Track and Field team during my Secondary School days. I took part in 4 x 100m runs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! That's nice. It is good to take part in sports. Too late to regret for me.

      Delete
  2. Aww, TuTu was a super adorable kitten. They grew up so fast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes I can't believe my eyes seeing them so big. I even confuse Poodie with Kittie Kat since they look almost alike and almost the same size now.

      Delete
  3. Lol on your food. Now you see it, next it's gone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You may be experiencing low blood sugar...that's why you're hungry. Oh dear, I hope Tutu (my favourite) comes home. That's the danger you have to face when your kitties are left to roam the streets (there'll be unscrupulous kidnappers). Perhaps it's time to put collars on them? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank God she came home! The collars I bought are a bit too big. Let me see if I can make adjustments.

      Delete
  5. One sumptuous meal. Bet you finish all in a quick time. Lol. Gosh, who would be so naughty want to climb on that tree. Some naughty monkeys I guess. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am 🙏 that Tutu be home again because it is a dangerous world out there. 🙏 🙏 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, she came home and has been home since.

      Delete
  7. I ate big breakfast at red kettle on Wednesday too. Yummy 😋ðŸĪĪbut two of us shared one plate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, again! Yes, it's good for sharing.

      Delete
  8. big breakfast, so shiok! Tutu will come home if grandma serves yummy chicken for dinner! I remembered i took part in 100m sprint last time during school days, was forced to participate due to low number of female participants...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! At least you took part. I used to hide under the tree during school sports selection. LOL!

      Delete
  9. Wow, RM20k for that talking tree! I wonder what made that person wanted to climb the tree? =.="

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think some cheeky kids might have attempted to climb. LOL!

      Delete