Wednesday 24 July 2024

Great Lunch

Last Saturday we were back at Kar Hiong for our weekend lunch.

I was strangely craving for the Steamed Choy Poh Fish.


This dish sort of grew on me. 


The Pork Chops (L) were very tasty. Tender pork slices coated in sweet sauce.


The Belacan Paku Pakis (M) was superb but unfortunately, the server got the order portion wrong. I ordered L but we were served M. So there wasn't quite enough heh..heh...


This Honey Pepper Abalone Mushroom (M) was shared between my brother and mum. I decided not to partake in this dish due to the deep frying (coated with flour) and sweet coating.

That was a very satisfying lunch!

***Kittie Updates***


Hello TuTu!


Girl joined the Kat family in chilling out on the car porch.


Ah Boi was getting some TLC from his mama.

12 comments:

  1. If only I have Kar Hiong near my place, slurps! Tutu, you are sooooo photogenic. What is TLC?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day if you have chance to come over to Malaysia, you can go visit Kar Hiong. WIth your SGD$, it will be very cheap hee..hee...

      Delete
  2. Oh I managed to figure it out. TLC means tender loving care, muahahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, ya, the mushrooms are sweet so you have strong 💪will power to tahan and not eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mushrooms are super tasty but they are not good for me >.<

      Delete
  4. Wah, ah Boi is same size as her mother. All the best and good luck to tutu on Thursday. May her procedure be smooth sailing and successful! 🙏 For a complete and fast healing too 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I sent her this morning and she will come home tomorrow.

      Delete
  5. I recently had choy poh steamed fish too....when you compare the photo (when I post it), you'll be wondering where all your choy poh went...lol! If you're able to partake in the sweet sauce coated pork chops, why can't you eat the honey mushrooms coated in sweet sauce too? Is it because of the flour (carb) coating? P/S: Last photo is so warming between mother and daughter (Ah Boi is almost the same size as her mama...how fast they grow).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mentioned it, it seems that we did not get a lot of choy poh hah...hah.... Usually there is lots of choy poh on the fish. They were a bit stingy that day LOL! The mushrooms are coated in flour and deep fried, (and then coated in sweet sauce) which is why I don't want to consume it. The kittens have grown a lot and they are almost as big as their mama. Sometimes I even confuse Poodie and Kittie Kat hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. The sweet sauce pork chop is Pai Guat Wong?

    ReplyDelete