Sunday 14 July 2024

Steak For Lunch@The Penthouse

Last Saturday we deviated from our usual lunch spot.

Before that, we went to the home for our weekly visit to see dad. Remember the plants I mentioned in an earlier post?


They were fruiting and I saw a few lady fingers. In fact the week before a member of staff was seen harvesting the lady fingers and I wondered what the kitchen would cook with them.


There was also a bush and I could tell it was basil by tearing a leaf and sniffing it.


A around 11:30am, dad's lunch was served.


I thought it was quite a decent lunch. We usually don't stay until late morning but we were slightly late because my brother was at my office installing my new notebook.

Since my brother was hankering for a steak, we headed to The Penthouse. My brother and I were there in 2019 to celebrate my birthday.

We got there about 10 minutes before opening time (they open 12:00pm). As usual, we coffee addicts had coffee as our choice of beverage.


Cappuccino for mum.


Long Black for me.


Cafe Latte for my brother.


Mum opted for Fish & Chips (dory). I think she misses Fish & Chips which also happens to be dad's favorite as well. 


My brother and I both opted for the Sirloin Steak, medium rare. 


Well, they nailed the doneness on the thin slices of steak. I thought the steak was decent enough (I have since lowered my expectations when eating out) but my brother was disappointed.  He said that the standard is something like Windmill and we won't be back. 

***Kittie Updates***


This is Poodie a day after her surgery. She came home on Friday. The litter box was placed on the left but even so, my feisty little patootie could push the box to the center, in spite of the incision.


I suppose she prefers this corner.


Poodie's incision is at the lower end of her abdomen, unlike Kittie Kat's which was at the side (I reckon to avoid her still swollen mammary glands).


The wound is neat and clean (internal stitch) and seeing that Poodie can move with ease, I should not worry too much. I just need to monitor to ensure that there is no infection.


Kittie Kat came to visit.

12 comments:

  1. Ya, your dad's food looks good 👍😊
    You are an expert in identifying okra plant and herbs 💊
    Ah, so your brother won't be back for the steak. I have given up on steak as my teeth are not strong enough to chew on steak now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the steak was a bit chewy, but I have strong teeth LOL!

      Delete
  2. Good to see that Poodie is all ok. Wishing her incision heals fast so that she can play with her siblings again. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can't wait to be set free and has been complaining a lot!

      Delete
  3. Poodie looks good after the surgery. Hope Grandma will cook more chicken meat & liver to restore her strength. Be a happy girl, Miss Poodie. You are so lovable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poodie is recovering well and I hope to be able to release her end of the week. She is very bored!

      Delete
  4. Speedy recovery Poodie, you are looking good. Good that your family is visiting your dad weekly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Poodie is fully recovered now, yay!

      Delete
  5. I hope the nursery home use separate container for the fruit and not put in the same tray with the rice, I beh tahan seeing them being served like that. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I also feel that they should not put the fruits like that.

      Delete
  6. The steak looks so bare on the plate! Ya, once you've had a taste of good beef, cheaper ones just won't do...lol. Ah, Poodie's incision is the more commonly done one. Good that she's recovering well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... True true. The steaks that I bought from Feast Market got standard lah. Poodie is all recovered and is her usual feisty self.

      Delete