Friday 26 July 2024

Where Is The Cheap(er) Beef?

I used to buy beef trimmings at Aeon 1U but guess what? Some smart aleck at Aeon decided that they should now sell very atas beef.


Wagyu Beef.


OBE Organic Beef.


Haiz!


Who buys these stuff?


The rich and perhaps expatriates who are very well paid. I can only look see look see.


Then I walk to the minced beef section and lots of times, the meat is from one or two days ago. So these days, I get beef trimmings and minced beef from Jaya Grocer.


This is my air fried lamb trimmings with jalapeno and garlic.


I don't even need to season the meat because it tastes so good on its own.


This was another meal with steak which I bought a while back from Feast Market.


This I seasoned with salt and pepper.

***Kittie Updates***


Ah Boi posing on Ah Kong's car.


Tutu is still at the vet's and I am fetching her home this afternoon. These photos were from many days ago when TuTu was (as usual) being her adorable cute self. I cannot tahan her cuteness.


I will go and kacau her.


She responds in a very affectionate way.


She wasn't biting me hard, just a playful gentle bite. Love you Tu! I miss her and look forward to seeing her in a few hours time.

14 comments:

  1. Tu, how's your wound? Wish you a speedy recovery & looking cute again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wound is small and is healing well, thanks!

      Delete
  2. The last photo looks like you are trying to strangle her lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All the best to you, Tutu. Speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, tutu is so cute 😻your food looks very flavourful even without heavy seasonings with the fatty bits all nicely air fried eaten with jalapeno and garlic 🧄😋🤤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am now able to enjoy minimally seasoned food.

      Delete
  5. Is Aeon's "atas" beef more expensive than your usual supplier, Feast Market? Don't think I've seen this atas beef selling at the Aeon near me (but, then again, my neighbourhood isn't as affluent as yours, so atas beef probably won't sell as well here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't bother to compare the price hah..hah... At Feast Market, I just buy the regular non-organic beef.

      Delete
  6. I saw Aeon near me has changed the display setting on last week and I vaguely noticed (I just passed by and didn't go into the supermarket) the same chiller display with many Australian beef like your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not a good idea to me because not many people can afford that type of expensive beef. I wish that they would go back to selling regular beef like the beef trimmings that I used to buy from there.

      Delete