Thursday 25 July 2024

TuTu Goes To The Vet

This morning I sent the poor thing to the vet. Being the (cat) softie that I am, my heart broke hearing her cry in the cage (last night) and the carrier (this morning).


Yesterday evening I had to quarantine TuTu after her dinner.


She is not feisty like Poodie and was quite calm in the cage.


Sure there was a lot of whining going on but at least she did not start shifting the litter box all over the cage (like what Poodie did).


This is TuTu and her sympathizers. Poodie is saying "Phew! Glad that is not me in there!".


Hope all goes well and I will be fetching her home tomorrow.

This was my lunch on Wednesday, the day after an unscheduled water cut in my area (home and office). Water was restored to my home that morning but there was still no water in my office area. So some eateries chose to close for the day.


My Kopi C was served in a plastic cup and it was unfortunately very diluted. Not up to their usual standards.


The duck was served in a disposable plate and I was very pleased that the meat was tender and succulent. There were some occasions when the breast meat was on the dryish side.


There is currently a food fair at The Starling concourse. I spotted this Rolly Rolly Cinnamon Rolls kiosk and you bet the old me would have bought at least half a dozen. But I was not tempted.


Buy 2 Free 1. What a good deal!


And then there is this Fulubuns Chili Crab Lava Buns. Interesting.


This kiosk is selling candied fruit skewers. I shudder at the thought of all that sugar and sticky sweetness.


There is a gelato kiosk too.


Cookies!


And a kiosk selling all sorts of nuts.

19 comments:

  1. All the best to Tutu. My heart will go soft too if I heard her whining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I will be fetching her home this afternoon.

      Delete
  2. Lucky that the duck was good despite the disappointing coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water cut is really an inconvenience. And it affects the shops a lot too having to close and not have income for that day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those water polluters should be given a much heavier penalty for their offence.

      Delete
  4. All the best and good luck to Tutu. 🙏 that the procedure goes well and she will heal as fast as Poodie. 🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! She is coming home this afternoon.

      Delete
  5. Good that you went to the food fair for a walk but did not give in to the temptations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... yes, or else I would be buying many things from there.

      Delete
  6. Good luck to Tutu for a smooth process....and she will earn her shiny collar when she returns! ;) P/S: This is the first time I noticed the duck came with a bit of sauce underneath (previously, there's usually nothing).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and yes, a collar is waiting for her! All the time, there is sauce underneath the duck. I think it was not apparent from my photos.

      Delete
  7. PH, let's have a deeper talk since I am having a "philosophical mood" today. If let you count three of the blessings in your current life now, what would they be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1. A roof over my head 2. Enough money to spend (on food and such) 3. My health

      Delete
  8. 1. A job 2. Food and shelter 3. Lovely furkids?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I have many things to be grateful for. I shall write a post on that, thanks for the inspiration!

      Delete
    2. Looking forward to your post on this topic. I always want to learn from others what they are grateful for in their life so that I can see my own blessings too.

      Delete
  9. I tried that Chili Crab Lava Buns in one of the bazaar, not bad actually.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am sure I would have enjoyed those buns!

      Delete