Tuesday 23 July 2024

Steaky Sunday

I was trying to clear my freezer to get rid of older stock so that I don't end up with expired stuff.


Grass fed beef is more prized than grain fed but for some strange reason, Feast Market sells grain fed more expensive than grass fed. I shall not question them heh..heh...


I love me a thick steak with a (thick) fat cap.


When I am short of time, I simply cook the steak in the air fryer although I will say that the cast iron pan gives the best result in terms of creating a delicious browned crust.


I have become quite good at estimating the doneness in steak. Not blowing my own trumpet. It took me a very long time to acquire this skill.


I have overcooked steak many times in the past.


Oh! I also had a packet of frozen prawns in the freezer. I should have cooked them earlier as they were not as fresh as they should be but still nice to eat.


For dinner, I had the same thing - steak and prawns. Just that I cut the steak into cubes.


There was some kimchi underneath all that meat.


Guess what am I making? 

***Kittie Updates***


The three siblings playing on Sunday afternoon.


Poodie has earned herself a collar.


So clever to pose pulak this girl.


TuTu as usual was very manja.

12 comments:

  1. so, only Poodie has collar? Tutu and ah Boy must be upset....lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They will get their collar soon hee..hee..

      Delete
  2. I guess you are making chicken soup 😋🍲

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I am also clearing out food from my fridge but my food are mostly carbs. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, so heart warming to see the 3 siblings playing together happily.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, you're now quite the expert and nailed the doneness to a tee. Did you cook the prawns in your airfryer too?
    Personally, I think I prefer grain-fed. P/S: Well done, Poodie...you've earned yourself a collar! The other two will have to wait their turn. ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Thank you! I boiled the prawns, so boring I know. Grain fed is fattier (tastier) compared to very lean grass fed. The other two kitties will earn their collar after their procedure.

      Delete
  6. I can vaguely see the equipment is a yogurt maker. :P

    ReplyDelete