Tuesday 30 July 2024

Naughty #15 : An Unexpected Nutty Treat

It was a public holiday (a few months ago) but I went to work. Come lunch time I was hankering for another round of the delicious Mee Jawa at Restoran Wan Shoon, Damansara Kim.

Alas when I got there (around 11:00am), the kopitiam was full house. Dang! I guess it being a public holiday, people took the opportunity to drop by with their families for brunch.

I would have had to wait forever for a table. Besides, I saw more people arriving in groups. So I had to change plans. Although Restoran Golden Kimwah (at the other end) was not as busy, there wasn't anything there that I fancied.

So I ended up at Lavie Boulangerie (again!) which was busier than usual but with ample number of unoccupied tables.


I had a hot cup of Black Coffee which was very much to my liking. 


I love sandwiches so naturally I could not resist ordering this Chicken Tuna Sando.


The bread was lightly toasted and I loved the savory filling of BBQ chicken and tuna mayo.


I also added on a slice of Nutty Salted Caramel Tart as my dessert.


Look at the amount of nuts piled onto this tart.


Needless to say it was delicious and this is something I might have again at a future date.


Definitely worth the carbs!

Although I was disappointed for not being able to savor the Mee Jawa at Restoran Wan Shoon, my brunch at Lavie Boulangerie more than made up for the unfulfilled wish.


***Kitten Updates***

I caught Kittie Kat in action one day.


Ever since she was a kitten, this is how she does her number 2.


I have not seen my other kitties do this maneuver. Maybe this position gives Kittie Kat more traction to push hah..hah..hah....

Now for some throwback photos of the kittens when their eyes were still blue.


At this point I still thought Ah Boi was a boy. She does look like a boy to me.


Poodie is now almost as big as her mama and sometimes I confuse between the two.


Ah... TuTu is the pretty one. She has many fans.


By the way, TuTu has been let put of the cage earlier than expected as she made an excellent recovery. 


This is the gang having their dinner yesterday.  

18 comments:

  1. Guess what? One stray cat delivered her 3 kittens in an empty box my dad left at the shelf >-<. I didn't notice she was pregnant as her belly was not that big. What to do but to raise the kitten for 2 to 3 months & give to a market veg seller who was looking for a cat as there are rats destroying her veg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! First two months is pretty easy because mama cat takes care of everything even toilet duties. Well, at least you have someone to give away the kittens to.

      Delete
    2. 2 days after the kitten were born, mother cat shifted her kittens to a nearby car wash centre :(. I still feed the mother cat & wait for the kittens to grow up.

      Delete
    3. Adoi! I hope that the kittens are safe at the car wash center. I would think that they would be better off staying at your place.

      Delete
  2. Ah, I must remember these two places: Mee Jawa at Restoran Wan Shoon and coffee desserts at Lavie Boulangerie. We also go to alternative places when the place we went to is full. Ah, Tutu bb is so cute. U got her pose perfect - 2nd photo 2 from the end upwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was so cute and beautiful and still very much so.

      Delete
  3. I am drooling at the caramel tart minus the nuts. Your furkids sure grow up very fast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. auntie Ah Girl is so chubby! seems like Tutu is closer to auntie when they shared a plate. Happy that Tutu has recovered and let out of cage, yay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah Girl has grown fatter than last time. I think someone is feeding her carbo. LOL! TuTu is happy too!

      Delete
  5. What a happy cat family. You must be grinning looking at them eating happily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, looking at them eat gives me a lot of satisfaction.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Recovered so well and is running around everywhere LOL!

      Delete
  7. The portion of the sandwich is huge (reminds me of the one I had at Halla Holla), I would not have space for dessert after that. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sandwich is not as filling as the one at Halla Holla. When I eat the Halla Holla sandwich, my stomach is very full until I cannot eat anything else. LOL!

      Delete
  8. Haiz....how I would love a good sandwich...it's been so long since I've had one. I'm not seeing the abundant nuts on your tart but the scary glistening thing that binds the nuts together...lol. P/S: Yes, I've not seen cats do their no. 2 this way. Usually they like to scratch the litter first before dumping (which means they have to be inside the litter box), so I'm guessing she doesn't do any scratching? :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sandwich at Lavie is very good. You are right, Kittie Kat does not scratch. She just goes into that pose and does her thing LOL! Sometimes she doesn't even bother to cover her poop >.<

      Delete