Tuesday 9 July 2024

Ruminants

Lately I realized that I have been eating lamb and beef which are both ruminant animals.


I cooked some oxtails.


I cooked the oxtails with chicken broth, bay leaves and onions. I don't use sup bunjut spices anymore because I find these spices overpowering.


Recently I found this butter at the supermarket.


So I bought a block to try.


I sliced the butter like so.


And stored the butter in a container in the fridge. This butter tastes really good to me. So much so that I can eat and enjoy one slice straight up.


Guess what this is. I was too tired to wash up my air fryer after air frying some lamb and lamb bones. Animal fats solidify at room temperature. I simply scraped the fat into a plastic bag to be disposed.


This was the lamb that I air fried. It was my first and only meal for the day. 


Eaten with kimchi in front of the TV while I watched Sprint on Netflix. That's me. I love to park my ass on the sofa, eat and watch other people exercise hah..hah..hah... At least I wasn't eating potato chips or chocolate bars.

Photo credit : x.com

***Kittie Updates***


This was TuTu on Sunday. 


She was chilling out after a good meal of chicken, liver and gizzards.


Of course Poodie had to disturb her.


I got the cage ready to house Poodie when she comes home from the vet.


And then my brother sent me this.

12 comments:

  1. Look at those beautiful pieces of butter. I love to eat the butter that comes with my kaya toast and melt in my mouth, slurps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya, me too! More butter, more better! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Wah, good wor, 😺🐈 rescues baby 🐈😺. Well done πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You made The westgold sound so tempting! Let me buy a bone to try as spread. I could eat a stick of butter just like that too 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One stick of butter is a lot for me. I could eat maybe 1/4 stick hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. Your meat with kimchi looks tasty. If my teeth is strong enough to chew the meat I would enjoy it very much. All the best to Poodie! Safe and smooth procedure πŸ™

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Poodie is very feisty and hope she does as well as her mama did.

      Delete
  5. The word "ruminant" doesn't sound very appetising...and the solidified fats look very scary...lol! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... Ruminants are delicious!

      Delete
  6. The lamb or beef fat cannot be reused for cooking?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can but lamb fat has a very strong smell. I have kept beef fat (tallow) for cooking.

      Delete