Monday 29 July 2024

Beefy Buttery Sunday

Last Sunday, as usual, my partner and I went to Aeon for our grocery run.

That's when I saw this Northwest Cherries promotion.


Ooohh... I love cherries! Do you?


I was very tempted, I am not going to lie. But I thought about all that glucose/fructose that I would be ingesting if I ate those cherries.

Take the health claims with a pinch of salt. Sweet cherries = sugar = source of chronic disease/inflammation and remember, cancer cells love sugar.  I am not saying don't eat cherries, but eat sparingly. 


I am not someone who can eat a handful of cherries. If there is a bag of it, I will eat the whole thing. I suck at moderating and as such, I prefer to abstain.


Besides, it's not cheap. For that money, I prefer to buy a piece of good steak.


I also saw this. What? Mooncake festival already? So fast, eh?


My mum told me to inform my partner to please don't buy any mooncakes for her. Those things are all sugar and so expensive, she said. I agree. I won't be buying any and have not done so for the past couple of years.


The previous Sunday, I saw this.


Nope, none for me. I don't even crave ice cream anymore.


Back home, I cooked a portion of beef trimmings with jalapeno peppers and garlic.  I seasoned the beef with garlic salt. And I had a very delicious drink.


Salted butter iced coffee. I finally tried it and oh my! It is better than Kopi C. I have heard of Bulletproof Coffee but always thought that it was weird, butter + coffee. My late grandfather told me that his father used to add ghee to coffee and that sounded so gross to me.


From now on, I will be enjoying this butter + coffee combo every Sunday woohoo!!


This was dinner Saturday evening.


Washed down with this thick nutritious chicken broth.


I just zap the broth in the microwave and season with salt and pepper. It's so delicious.

***Kittie Updates***


TuTu loves attention. She is very affectionate and so lovable.


I was waiting for her to do a belly roll so that I could observe her incision.


The wound is small and appeared neat, dry and clean. 


TuTu is recovering very well and I bet she can't wait to come outside again.


Poodie has been staying close to the cage as if she is giving TuTu some moral support.


I screenshot this photo from Instagram because this cat is so cute. I really don't know how they get their cats to do these charming stunts.

17 comments:

  1. The vet did a great job. The incision for TuTu is at the belly (unlike others at the side).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I found this vet. All 3 jobs were well done with no complications. One more to go!

      Delete
    2. May I know which vet is this?

      Delete
    3. It's Healing Pets Animal Medical Centre.

      Delete
  2. Finally you tried the butter coffee. I am very curious. I still crave for ice cream a lot. Last Sunday I went to eat Shi Li Fang hotpot and steamboat, they have a $1 offer for free flow sauces, drinks and ice cream. The ice cream flavors are taro and chocolate. The taro one is milder so I still prefer the chocolate one. Total costed $13.10 per person after service charge and GST. Value for money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is really a steal! You know, people say that cost of living in Singapore to very high, it is true but for someone earing SGD you guys can still get decent restaurant food below SGD20 and even your chap fan can cost around SGD3.50. I always tell people, look at dollar to dollar. Don't convert because after conversion, of course it is very expensive.

      Delete
  3. Ah, you finally made your own Salted butter iced coffee. Delicious right? I love it! 😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So delicious! Well, thanks to you for posting about it. I do wish there is a kopitiam in my area that makes this drink.

      Delete
  4. Oooooo, tutu is so adorable with her belly roll. I think you can get tutu to do that pose after u place all those little toys on her, she won't dare to move 😂 Good to see her healing well. A few more days then it is playtime with Poodie and ah boi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah..hah... I don't think so. All the toys will terbang all over the place! TuTu has been set free because she has made made a very speedy recovery.

      Delete
  5. I must remember not to buy mooncakes and I love to eat cherries too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mooncake with nuts might not be as bad.

      Delete
  6. Cherries are indeed an expensive food and luckily I'm not a fan of it, hehe :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like cherries either...they're too sweet. That bag is 700g...one person how to finish la! I've stopped eating mooncakes a long time ago (ya, those things are all sugar even if they say low sugar)...recently came to know that snow skin mooncakes are made with glutinous rice floor which is even worse for people trying to reduce sugar intake! >_< Have never tried butter+coffee (still think it's a weird combo) coz I don't like things too buttery in taste and the coffee sounds too rich for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be surprised, I can eat a whole bag of cherries which is why I should not buy any! The butter coffee surprisingly does not taste of butter, it was dominated by the taste of coffee. It pretty much tastes something like Kopi C but better hee..hee...

      Delete