Thursday 25 January 2024

Meat, Blood, Organs and Guts

I have forgotten about Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles as one of the restaurants that are carnivore friendly (you can even opt out of vegetables in the order form LOL!).

Earlier that day I was at the nursing home to visit dad. He was in good spirits and we noted that he made friends with another uncle at the home.

Since dad is immobile, the uncle pops by his window to have a chat. We were also happy to see that the blinds have been installed in dad's room.


The boy boy kitty cat was hanging around the garden and my brother got chummy with him.


My brother can qualify as a cat daddy.


hee..hee..hee... 

After the visit, my brother dropped me and mum off at the house and after mum was settled in, I made my way back to Damansara Utama.


I decided to stop by Ding Xiang Nyuk Noodles for a spot of carnivore friendly soup.


Ah! Their Kopi C Ais Kosong got standard. I was glad that this is a another place where I can get my Kopi C fix. There is nothing like sipping on iced coffee on a hot sweltering day.


This is my bowl of ala carte mixed pork soup. It was generously filled with thinly sliced pork, two big pieces of kidney, many slices of liver, a few pieces of intestines and stomach, three coagulated blood cubes and two tiny pork balls. 


The soup was very robust but alas too salty.


I love their chili dip. It packs a punch and gives you the uummph!


There were a few strands of vegetables and a scant scattering of fried shallots. I wish that they were more generous with the fried shallots.


This restaurant is still very popular and they have staying power unlike the newer ones that come and go.


I am glad that I came back here for lunch. I will return from time to time. That's for sure!

10 comments:

  1. Glad to know that your father has a new friend. 👍 😊 The slices of kidney look huge in that bowl. They must be tender too by their looks. Yums!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kidney was tender and it was good!

      Delete
  2. good to have a friend to chat with in the nursing home, else would be very lonely. The cat seems friendly and not afraid of strangers. There's a Ding Xiang Nyuk Noodles in my neighborhood which i have yet to try. Hmmmnn....maybe i will go try it one of these days....

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time you go, request for more fried shallots. I love pork kidney, must know how to wash them really well otherwise they will have a pee smell... hahaha...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, but they didn't give. Maybe not enough supply in the kitchen. Oh yes, the urine smell is terrible if not cleaned properly. So geli. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Glad to know that your dad has a new friend in the nursing home. Seem like your bro & you are cat lover, does he keep pet cat also?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my brother likes cats. He used to have a pet cat inherited from our late uncle. Then he decided to let me have the cat. Unfortunately the cat ran away. LOL!

      Delete
  5. The spare parts look so alluring! I don't think I'd take the risk though. Scared of a gout attack

    ReplyDelete