Sunday 21 January 2024

Fish Head Curry

Yesterday when we visited dad at the nursing home, I met another meow meow friend.


That's my brother getting chummy with the cat. It's a boy and very friendly. 


I played with the cat for a little while and the little kitty gave me a a few belly rolls. So cute! 

Dad was in a good mood and my other brother came by shortly. Dad's room is still without a blind or curtain and I guess that's the way it would be.


After the visit, as usual, we made our way to Kar Hiong. Wah! So many diners that day unlike previous visits where there would only be one or two tables occupied.


I reckon it's because Chinese New Year is coming and people are in a celebratory mood. 


We ordered a pot of tea.


This is our favorite condiment of minced garlic, chilies and light soy sauce.


This makes the food taste even better hee..hee...


I suggested the Pork Chops which turned out to be very nice. I think next time we must order medium. This is small. The sauce is very similar to the sauce for the Honey Pepper Mushrooms.


There you go, we order this every single time without fail.


It is so good! Crispy and meaty and you might be forgiven for thinking it is meat and not mushrooms.


This is one of our favorite vegetables, Stir Fried Sweet Potato Leaves


This is my brother's choice, the Claypot Fish Head Curry. It came to the table bubbling hot.


There were chopped fish head, tofu puffs, cabbage, long beans, brinjals and ladies fingers in a very tasty curry gravy. We enjoyed this curry very much.


We sat at a bigger table at the back because the usual smaller tables were taken up. The advantage of this table is the turntable which makes it easier for us to get to the dishes.

I guess we have another two Saturdays to dine here before the Chinese New Year. Kar Hiong is closed on the first and second day of Chinese New Year.

14 comments:

  1. How much do you have to pay per month at the nursing home? Do they have qualified medical personnel, nurses, i.e? Next of kin allowed to stay there with the person concerned?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We took the single room and it costs RM6,000.00 per month. For shared room it is cheaper. There is a nurse there and this home is run by a medical doctor. As for next of kin staying I don't know about that. There are more affordable homes but the location is too far from us.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Looking for one here for my missus, she is still in the hospital. Had a stroke that day before Christmas.

      Delete
    3. I am so sorry to hear that. I pray for Mrs Wee's speedy recovery and that the Lord grants you and Melissa the strength to weather this difficult time. I hope that you find a good nursing home for her to recuperate.

      Delete
  2. I thought the fried mushrooms were fried mantis initially. :) Indeed all the dishes are very appetizing, esp.the fish curry, it certainly can go very well with a big bowl of rice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, all these dishes will be more enjoyable with a big bowl of rice!

      Delete
  3. 😍😍Good to hear your dad was in better mood. His mood will follow the tides of the ocean.
    I thought you would say that you adopted that cute cat after showing belly rolls.

    I am drooling at the dishes esp the boiling hot curry fish head!! I could eat the whole claypot by myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot adopt anymore cats lah LOL! That one serving of fish head curry with rice is good enough if just one person eating. Pot only look big but contents is not really that much.

      Delete
  4. That mushroom dish must be good. I am drooling at all the food, in particular the curry fish head. Salivating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mushroom is our must-order or else won't feel satisfied and will keep thinking of it. LOL!

      Delete
  5. Oh dear, I behind reading your posts. Good to know that your father is in a good mood. You are really tempting me to eat at kar hiong. Thanks for checking out the pork chop taste compared to the mushrooms taste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all right. I have been following your posts and I am aware that you have been busy.

      Delete
  6. Are those pickles which served together with the pork chop? Did you order rice this round since the curry fish head must have it with rice, which I cannot omit every time I have curry fish head. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, those are pickles and they complemented the pork chops beautifully. No, I did not have rice hah..hah...

      Delete