Saturday 20 January 2024

Ara Vietnamese Noodles vs Pho Real

On Thursday I wanted to eat at Pho Real @ The Starling but seeing that it was already past 12:00pm, I knew that the food court would be crowded.

So I settled on Ara Vietnamese Noodles since it is on my way back to the office and they are not crowded. This is my fourth visit.


This time I ordered the Special Beef Mix Noodle (RM19.00)(without noodles) and a side order of tendon (RM6.50). 


There were beef slices, brisket, tripe, tendon, two beef balls and a piece of daikon in the broth. The broth was quite salty that day.


There wasn't much of each ingredient in the broth.


Just as well that I ordered extras.


In the previous visit prior to this one, I was very thirsty after the meal. This time around, not only was I thirsty, I experienced a sudden drop in energy towards the end of the meal.

I might have reacted to some seasonings in the broth or chili dip (which was also very salty). I was so fatigued that I slept at 7:00pm that evening. LOL!

The next day, I went to Pho Real.


I ordered the Hanoi Pho Special (RM23.90) with request for no noodles.


Let's dig into those beansprouts and reveal the treasures beneath.


Look at that! So much liew! Much more substantial compared to what I was served at the other place. And the broth was seasoned just right.


I love gooey tendon!


The broth was good to the last drop. And guess what? Not thirsty and no drop in energy. Just a bit bloated due to drinking too much soup hah..hah...


I'll be back!

10 comments:

  1. I love to eat gooey tendons too! Ah, thank you for the comparison review. Now I know which beef eatery to go to for my tendons meal. Thanks again! 😊 πŸ‘ πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Most welcome. You will enjoy the beef pho. You might need to share with your hubby though.

      Delete
  2. Just like any commercially produced food, all food sold outside would have the magic ingredient of MSG added to enhance the flavour of their food. I've seen how they would just scoop a ladle of some seasoning (that looks like salt but is probably MSG) into soups that people slurp up at chicken rice and chap fan stalls). So the only way out is to cook your own food...lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes, I am resigned to the fact that what you say is very true. I think it is just a matter of them using more or less. Some put way too much >.<

      Delete
  3. Both look good! Oooo...I love 'em tendons!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's true that I never felt thirsty after eating at Pho Real. They probably skipped the MSG as the broth was so flavourful. Do you notice that there's a young man there at the casher who looks like Donald?? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did notice one young man but it didn't occur to me that the looks like Donald. Let me go there again and check LOL!

      Delete
  5. Seem like they compensated you with tonnes of bean sprout to replace the noodles, haha!

    ReplyDelete