Thursday 4 January 2024

Porky Dinner

I'm laying off chicken for a while. Luckily I am still not tired of chicken eggs hee..hee..


This morning I reheated the minced beef that I cooked in advance on Sunday. I added sliced onions and capsicum.

Now only I noticed the egg shell. No wonder the omelette was a bit crunchy just now.
No harm. Extra calcium.

Six eggs. Champion!


Pour the beaten eggs into the pan.


My omelettes always end up like this. Well, scrambled. I dished out some for breakfast because I was feeling hungry.


The rest is lunch for today.


Last night for dinner, I topped my soup with leftover air fried pork belly.


Then steamed the whole lot in the steamer.


So this was the result. 


OK lah, can eat. 


And then I had a spot of bacteria. Tonight's dinner will be air fried pork belly.

8 comments:

  1. Gosh!!! I can see the oil floating on your steamed pork belly! SIX eggs? For how many persons?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never get tired of fully cooked eggs dishes. Your omelette is yummy! Yums! 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Air fried pork belly + soup sound convincing... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a strange combo because the pork belly was seasoned with Cajun seasoning. But it turned out ok, can eat and not that weird.

      Delete
  4. If you stir your eggs vigorously, of course it'll turn into scrambled eggs...lol. Your omelette was going well from what I see in your pan. I actually made the same thing (with minced pork) today. You have to cook the egg on lower heat to let the egg set. Then make cuts on the egg (quarter it) before flipping the 4 quarters and you'll have yourself a thick omelette much like a frittata. Try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very impatient and that's why my omelette ends up scrambled LOL! Sure I will try your method, so I must exercise restraint and wait until the omelette sets nicely. Thanks for the tip!

      Delete