Friday 12 January 2024

They Know Me So Well

Staying true to my moniker of PH The Malaysian Carnivore, I must live up to my reputation of being a meat eater.

This year 2024, is the year to be serious and as far as possible no more (God willing) falling off the meat wagon. I am not 100% carnivore, that's for sure, I still consume some vegetables (especially during family outings) and spices/seasonings are still something that I will not give up. Oh yes, coffee too.

This month my cashflow eased up somewhat and I will use the opportunity to give myself some treats. Yeah!

As far as eating out (on my own) is concerned, I rely on a limited choice of restaurants. My favorite is of course Twins Signature Roast Duck because I can order meat only dishes and by now they are quite used to my meaty ways.


They know me so well that they will plonk a glass of Kopi C Ais Kosong on my table even before I confirm my order. 


That day, half a roasted duck was my poison. I was terribly hungry and I stopped by early before making my way to visit mum.


I also put in a takeaway order for duck rice and that was mum's lunch.


On my next visit, as I was still selecting my order, this mug of my favorite drink was served. Wah! So fast, eh? Donald leng chai remarked "every time also same one" heh..heh...


I was very greedy that day and ordered the three meat combo - duck, siew yoke and char siew.


I should avoid char siew because it is coated with sweet sauce but I gave in to my cravings.


I ate the duck and siew yoke first and ate the char siew last. They served me fatty pork because they know that is my preference.

This meal made me thirsty which I suspect is the char siew. I was very stuffed and next time I should stick to the 2 meat combo of duck and siew yoke.

Now for some Girl time.


She wasn't very pleased that I placed the cat beds on the sofa (I memang purposely do that to discourage her from hogging my sofa).


So she kwai kwai went to the other sofa.


So I decided to have fun with her and take a wefie. She tak layan.


Some more give side eye. Girl! Look at the camera!


Lovey dovey with ma pulak.


hah..hah..hah... sombong again. Boh layan.

10 comments:

  1. I wish there's a place here where I can get really nice roast duck. One here that is at best quite all right, the rest -can give a miss.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so lucky to have a good one so near me.

      Delete
  2. Hehehehe Girl is so adorable 😻 nice photo of mommy with Girl 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice sweet smiles from a carnivore! hahaha... Good to see you, PH, if I were to meet you up, I make sure I have a picture of you first, otherwise I might end up with the wrong person! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hee..hee.. I can recognize you anywhere no problem!

      Delete
  4. You are definitely the only VVIP at their outlet who only orders same drink and meat with no rice. I must suggest Donald to hang your framed photo on their Wall of Fame. Your blog has attracted more business for them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the Siew Yoke can contain MSG also, for the marinade... >_<

    ReplyDelete