Wednesday 3 January 2024

Sick of Chicken

I have been eating chicken for many days now. And I am sick of it.

I remember when I was in secondary school, I developed "chicken sickness" ie I was tired of eating chicken. I told my mum but I can't remember how I resolved the chicken fatigue.

Anyway, today I also had chicken for lunch.


Adoi. Bo ho chiak (not nice to eat). But what to do? Chicken is cheap(er).


This was yesterday's lunch. Yesterday I was already feeling chicken sickness.


This pulak was new year day dinner. I kept one chicken chop in the fridge. Come Tuesday dinner, I couldn't face the chicken chop by itself.


So I cut it up into cubes, stir fried it with onions and capsicum and made it into an omelette.


That made it palatable.


Tomorrow eat what I also don't know. Not chicken for sure.


I went to the pharmacy today and saw this new Korean restaurant. Don-Ko-BBQ.


There were lunch sets and BBQ sets.


They even have chicken feet, an inexpensive chicken part but when cooked Korean style, the price becomes atas. And then there is Stir Fried Gizzard with Garlic at RM38.00. Gizzard is also cheap and I won't eat it at that price.


Sorry the photos are not clear because the menu is laminated and reflective. They also have fried chicken (not appetizing to me at the moment).


Then I passed by Bananabro.


Somehow I wasn't triggered. Well, we'll see what I eat tonight (not chicken for sure LOL!) and tomorrow.

6 comments:

  1. Getty obvious from the sign that they have pork at that Korean place. I eat chicken mostly...and pork. Love lamb but I am advised to stay off red meat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nowadays I will just eat braised hard boiled eggs everytime at chapfan eateries. Once in a while will eat Pai guat wong lean pork. Chicken is the last option such as the trip to Luck Bros where I ate salted egg yolk gravy chicken chop so I can understand your chicken fatigue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pai guat wong is one of my favorites at dai chow places. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water!

      Delete
  3. 😂😂 I also got sick of eating too much chicken lately while trying hard to reduce carbo. I felt like I was growing chicken feathers until I switched to pork again. I think the best is to eat smaller quantities of any meat together with salad. Korean meals are most ideal anytime as they are so flavourful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I am switching to pork (like you) and (cheaper) beef. I am thinking of adding kimchi to my diet.

      Delete