Wednesday 10 January 2024

I Ate Some Carbs. Bah!

This week I had to choice but to eat out. I did not make any preparations for the whole (work) week lunches.


I left my brother's house around 12:30pm and I would have arrived back in Damansara Utama close to 1:00pm. That is peak lunch hour.

So for convenience, lunch was at Ara Vietnamese Noodles, Damansara Jaya. It is not crowded and the food is decent. I try to stick to meat but it's hard to do because most meals come with carbs and veggies.


The nice thing here is that they have a "no noodle" option but alas the Lemongrass Pork Vermicelli (sans vermicelli) came with a spring roll. Aiyah. Never mind lah.

To up my protein intake, I got me some sides.


A braised egg. 


Brisket.


Beef slices.


This is the dressing to go with the main meal. It was very good, garlicky with well balanced flavors but a tad too sweet for me.


I used only half the dressing to toss the salad. Very nice! They gave adequate aromatic herbs (basil and mint) that made the salad all the more appetizing, Yes, I ate the spring roll.


It wasn't anything special, just vegetable filling and fried till crispy. Nothing remarkable. Next time I will request for it to be left out.


So that was lunch which made me thirsty the whole day. Not too sure which dish did that. When I had their beef soup earlier on, I did not feel that way. Maybe it was the salad dressing or the pork.

12 comments:

  1. I think it is the dressings. When I eat raw garlic, I will also feel thirsty because garlic naturally contains MSG and I am someone who will feel thirsty when I ate food with MSG. My brother can eat a lot of MSG but he doesn't feel thirsty at all. 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I must eat at this eatery, that bowl of beef brisket is calling out to me 😋😋😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can order the beef parts as a side dish, so can sample more.

      Delete
  3. The soups look good. I'd love those, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The flavors were pretty good, though a bit salty that day.

      Delete
  4. Haiya, falling off the carnivore bandwagon again so early on? It's only the beginning of 2024...lol! I've also started on a restrictive diet of reduced carbs (not purposely to reduce weight but for health reasons).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Good for you. Health is so important. I am taking it a lot more seriously after getting a glimpse of the residents at the nursing home. I do not want to age like that. Weight (if there is any to lose) comes off as part and parcel of carb restriction.

      Delete
  5. Your beef soup looks delicious and nourishing. I wish I could drink this daily.
    The Viet and Thai cooking often add lots of msg and sugar to everything. Sure thirsty and sleepy after eating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vietnamese food always give me a very healthy impression because they always come with plenty of vegetables (raw one), hehe. :P

    ReplyDelete