Wednesday 24 January 2024

Past Naughty Eats

Well, my naughty eats is your normal eats. I am by my own admission, a carb addict. 

In the past, when I eat a cookie it will trigger me to eat the whole jar. Or if I eat a bar of Whittakers Almond Gold, I end up eating five more. And don't get me started on rice. One bowl is never enough. You get the idea.

And because I love carbohydrates way too much, it caused me to gain weight over the years. It was drummed into me that girls should be slim to look good. So I diet, lose weight, put on weight, diet, lose weight and then put on weight again and the cycle never stopped. It was quite miserable actually.

But things are different now. I broke up with carbs and made friends with protein and fats. Now I can eat until I am fully satisfied and not put on body fat. Not only that, I don't have anymore food cravings. Yay! 

Anyway. When I fell off the carnivore wagon in 2023, I went bonkers and ate a whole bunch of carbs (and got re-addicted). So I am now purging these photos from my phone (hah...hah...hah...).


Hah! Kam Kee Cafe, The Starling was, I would say my favorite haunt for all those sinfully delicious carbs. I was full blown (re)addicted at that time. That was when I discovered how delicious Borscht Soup is.


This was the Borscht Soup with Macaroni and Pork Chop.


And mind you, I also ordered the Polo Bun as a starter. Haiz!


Remember Rollti, The Starling? Well, after my hospital visits, I would come here for lunch.


On one of the days, I took photos of how they assembled the roti canai wraps. They have this metal press that they use to flatten the pre-prepared dough.

The dough is then cooked on a flat grill until golden brown. Then it is passed on to the next guy who proceeds to fill the roti canai with all the fixins and sauce.

Rolling the wrap requires some finesse because if you don't do it right, the wrap breaks and the filling spills out. It happened before and they had to do a new one.


Tsk! Tsk!


I think I am more in love with the roti canai itself more than anything else.

If you come to Rollti, you must try the Chicken Sambal Meletop


The sambal sauce is legit and they add crispy ikan bilis and peanuts which brings this wrap to a whole new level. And then with the aroma of juliened cucumbers, you get that authentic nasi lemak nuances. This to me is the best wrap. 


 I had this a few times but be warned, the sambal is spicy hot.


Their ice blended coffee is just so so. I don't know if there is any improvement by now.


And yes, I revisited Say Yes Cafe, Damansara Utama.


It had been a while and I wondered if I would have the same opinion about the nasi lemak.


I can say that the Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng Berempah is still very good. But can't say much about the coffee.


Is that all my naughty past eats? Well, there is more LOL! Those will be in another post. 

10 comments:

  1. That roti canai thingy looks good but I would avoid eating that, too messy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was quite OK because the fillings/sauce did not fall out.

      Delete
  2. I would like to try the menu from Rollti. I love carbs but I also keeping tab of it. Don't over consume.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love carbs a lot, always get into trouble. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Wow! You can now write and look at the photos of your food without being tempted to.eat them. Very good 👍😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I am still in love with roti canai, capati, tosai.... don't know why.. I simply love them more than rice! I am also a carbs lover, trying to refrain as much as possible, two tablespoon of rice at times.. but noodles, I still cannot shake them off... The Rollti certainly fits into my category, will try that if I have a chance!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand. These things are very addictive!

      Delete
  5. I can say I won't try the Roti Canai wrap as I think I can duplicate similar dish at home . :P I saw queue in from of Say Yes when I passed by there last weekend and I must reckon that theor Ayam Goreng Berempah is really good, which I blogged before and revisited several times for it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read your post and I was glad your were of positive opinion about their fried chicken.

      Delete