Wednesday 28 June 2023

Tuesday Was Porkie Too

Yup, I had pork again! Yesterday I revisited Ding Xiang Sang Nyuk Noodles.


The last time I visited (they were then known as Wan Xiang Noodles) was back in 2017. The fact that they are still standing most likely means that people like their food and that kept them in business until today.


I went there early, before 11:00am to avoid the lunch crowd.


You can either order via the QR code or opt for the server to take your orders from the physical menu.


As soon as I saw the Supreme Mixed Soup, I decided to have that. It has got everything - spare parts and all including oh..oh.. coagulated pork blood. I was just talking to my mum the other weekend when I expressed aversion (geli) towards this delicacy. Mum on the other hand loves it.


On the table are the utensils and condiments.


I also put in an order for a Kopi O ice kosong.


The Kopi O is very kaw.


There you have it, the piece de resistance! Look at the cubes of blood, adoi.


Ohhh...la..la... very nice! No porky or any unpleasant smell. Even the blood was all right. The soup was also pretty good, light and pleasant tasting. I found the chili dip too spicy hot, so I used it sparingly.


There were generous slices of liver, meat and other parts in the soup. Totally worth it. 


Yesterday evening, it was pork again. I didn't see any nice beef at Jaya Grocer.


Those were thinly sliced pork belly. I simply seasoned them with Cajun seasoning and air fried until (almost) crispy. They needed a few more minutes to get really crispy but I was impatient.


Then I realized I had some leftover air fried beef trimmings in the fridge (from Sunday), so I added those to the plate.


My favorite child this morning. She used to avoid the rug and even jumps over it. But now she can get comfy on the rug.

10 comments:

  1. Ooooo...that looks good! I wish we had that here!!! We have the Sabah original Sang Nyuk noodles...but it is just pork slices...no innards or not that I know of, served with the Sabah konlou noodles by the side. Of course in Sibu, we have a choice and of course, we would ask for kampua mee instead. Nicer than konlou mee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They also serve konlou mee which I tried back in 2017. I remembered it was good. No kampua mee though.

      Delete
  2. Ah, Girl is so tired that she sleeps on the mat she once jumped over previously. So sweet sleeping so soundly. There is a branch of this eatery in Sri Petaling and we have eaten there quite some time ago. Now he prefers omega eatery. Not sure why because he is the pork lover. Good that you are cooking meat at home again so that you can get to eat enough meat. 👍 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is an Omega near me but at Kota Damansara. I wish that they would open one at Damansara Uptown hee..hee...

      Delete
  3. Tasted sang nguk mee few times, like the thinly sliced bacon. Hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my so called cheat day I want to have it with noodles, konlou style hee..hee..

      Delete
  4. I assume those soups with single ingredient (pork liver soup/pork intestine soup) are for sharing unless the person who order it love that ingredient so much that he/she can finish it all alone. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. Usually people will order noodles and then order an extra soup for sharing.

      Delete
  5. Ooo la la for me too coz I love chee chap but not all types though. Count me out for kidneys & large intestines. Oh, first time trying coagulated blood...so you liked it. For me, I can have it or not have it...but just 2 - 3 pieces is quite sufficient already. Usually if one likes to eat slightly bloody pork liver, blood is not a problem. To take the edge of its richness, I like to dunk it into the chilli sauce (those tangy ones like chicken rice chilli) to freshen up the bite. P/S: When an Omega outlet reaches your territory, you'll probably feel (after tasting)...aiyah, don't have also never mind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like all the spare parts hee..hee.. The coagulated blood was just ok for me, don't have also never mind. The first time I had coagulated blood was when my partner took me to a restaurant that served Penang white curry mee. I was surprised that the blood did not taste nasty. The Omega pork soup that I ordered via Grabfood was quite good and I remember your experience at the outlet wasn't that great.

      Delete