Monday 12 June 2023

KBN King's Seremban Beef Noodle, Damansara Uptown

Hear ye! Hear ye! Beef noodle lovers, there is a new beef noodle shop opened in Damansara Utama/Uptown.

I was taking Grabcar back from the hospital (that was last month) when I spotted KBN King's Seremban Beef Noodle.


This restaurant is situated along the same row as The Ship. Being a lover of all things beef, of course I was delighted and excited to come by and try the beef noodles.


Upon googling I came upon this write up about the restaurant.


Being an eager beaver I got there just before 11:00am while it was still quiet. Ordering is done via QR code but not to worry because they also have a physical menu for you to refer to.





The lady boss, who is very friendly, came over to guide me on the menu and I decided to follow her recommendation and ordered the Mix 3 Noodle (Tendon, Sliced Beef & Stomach)-dry style.


For the noodle, you all know I love hor fun, and that was my choice.


The noodles came in a dark thick sticky sauce, topped with pickled mustard (ham choy), peanuts, spring onions, sesame seeds and beef slices, tendon and tripe.


Honestly, I was initially worried about the sauce and wished that I had gone with the (more familiar) soup version. 


But upon tasting, the sauce sort of grew on me as I began to enjoy it (although I must say that the whole thing was rather stodgy). The peanuts gave an added oomph to the flavors as did the pickled mustard.



The clear beef soup that accompanied this order had a robust beefy flavor and I enjoyed the chili dip.


This morning I went to the hospital with mum to visit dad. As usual, late morning we left and headed to my brother's house. I got mum lunch via Grabfood (Subway) and accompanied her while she enjoyed her sandwich. I did not have any as I was fasting.

Then past noon, I walked to back to the office. It was terribly hot but I had my trusty umbrella with me. It was a twenty minute walk and I decided to drop by again to break my fast.


I ordered the soup version this time (set) which comes with Ice Lemon Tea. The drink was very refreshing and not too sweet. So good on a hot day!

Initially I thought of ordering just the mixed beef soup (no noodles from the side order menu), But then I walked for 20 minutes (in the hot sun some more)  and aiyah! I deserve to eat some carbs wahahahaha!!!  


So I had lai fun as my choice of noodles and when the noodle soup was served, I caught a whiff of strong beefy smell. Oh dear, I thought! But when I sipped the soup there was none of the strong beefy smell.


Somehow, in spite of my earlier misgiving on my first visit, I very much prefer the dry version. I am not saying that the soup version is not good, it is just a matter of preference. Plus point - not thirsty after drinking the soup.


Well, I shall be back from time to time and on days when I want to avoid carbs, I can opt for the side dish of soup with beef slices, tendon and tripe.


You can check the menu here :

14 comments:

  1. I went all the way to Seremban to try the celebrated beef noodles above the market. I did not like it.
    https://suituapui.wordpress.com/2012/08/14/stopping-by/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe some people may not like the taste. It's an acquired taste, I think.

      Delete
  2. I like Seremban style beef noodles, both dry and soup versions. I also tried the one in Seremban that stp linked above and I like them too. The peanuts make the sauce for the dry version tastes very good. Ah, so many things for me to eat in uptown when I go there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, you will enjoy the noodles here.

      Delete
  3. How is your father? Hope he is feeling ok and that he can go home soon. He must be feeling bored to stay in the hospital again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is ok as ok can be, thanks. He is home already.

      Delete
  4. The dry version do look a bit stodgy to me too and perhaps a bit too flavourful for me. I'd definitely go for the soup version...and this soup seems lighter (in colour, not sure in taste) than the norm. I prefer a lighter coloured broth like this one than the usual dark coloured ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might not like it as it has strong flavors (from sesame oil and sauces). The soup version has a clean taste, none of the overly strong beefy aroma.

      Delete
  5. Definitely a good recommendation for beef lover. Not me though, don't fancy beef soup much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope beef lovers like the food here.

      Delete
  6. I tried once the beef noodles (dry version) at Seremban and I didn't like it. I think the Uncle Cheng Special Beef that I tried at SS2 serve the same Seremban style beef noodles as this, maybe I can try it out if I like KBN version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think the taste might not be appealing to some people as it is quite strong tasting and starchy. The soup version is more acceptable, not sure if it is to your taste.

      Delete
  7. I couldn't stand strong beefy taste/smell, but i'm OK with mild ones. I think i will like the dry version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, if beefy smell is too strong, I find it off putting. But the soup here is mild in the beef aroma/taste, so I like it.

      Delete